Friday, September 03, 2004

I never dance. Not that I don’t know how to. I used to dance often. I just realized lately that in the past several years I just stopped. I don’t feel like dancing, so even if there’s an opportunity to do so, I never take it. I just sit, look at everyone else as they dance, and zone out.

Thinking back, I think I know exactly when I decided to stop. A guy from an org commented – rather offhandedly – that I wasn’t exactly graceful. He said he read somewhere that Sagittarians aren’t graceful people, and when he learned I was a Sagittarian, he had this look in his eyes that said, “Well, there you go. What I read was right after all.”

I don’t remember ever dancing again after that. Maybe I did dance, but I felt too conscious so I just stopped. I don’t really remember.

To think that I let a small comment, from a relatively insignificant person whose name I can’t even remember now, affect me like that...

I can go all philosophical about it and make excuses about why his comment affected me like that but I won’t. Not right now. What I can and am willing to do is make a decision. And it is this: the very next time that I get an opportunity to dance, whether alone or with someone, I will take that opportunity and dance my heart out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home