Saturday, August 21, 2004

Took a break from studies today and watched M.Night Shyamalan’s The Village.

It’s not what I expected. From the trailer I thought it would be Dawn of the Dead-like in its plot; but it really is not.

Loved the idea that anything and everything we hold in terror has a logical explanation behind it.

Makes one think, really. What if everything we know of as truth is a farce all along? And the things that make our culture as it exists today are just ways to control us?

I want to read the book, if there’s even a book. I actually like it. Very much. Liked it better than Signs and Unbreakable.

What I hated were those girls who came, in the middle of the film no less, sat behind me all the while making a lot of ruckus and complained that they couldn’t understand what the story was about and why it wasn’t as scary as they expected it to be. Wanted to cement their huge mouths with plaster just to make them shut up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home