Friday, February 22, 2008

Seems I'm becoming a pescetarian

Since B-kun died I've been squeamish seeing/smelling and have therefore totally avoided eating any animal food that has red blood and vertebrae. The very sight of people eating anything still attached to bones is nauseating; so I haven't eaten any red meats, poultry and fish ever since. Eating eggs is up for debate though because I avoid eating it when it's obviously a dish with egg but I don't mind it when it's incorporated in bread or other pastries. Dairy's not a problem because they don't have to kill the animal just to get milk, so I'm okay with butter and cheese. Shrimps and squids are okay as long as I don't see their heads and eyes. Same as with crabs. And I'm okay with mussels and clams. Vegetables and fruits, of course, are totally fine. So yeah, I guess I am a pescetarian. It's only been 24 days so far though, but I wanna keep up with it. Let's see if I can keep this up for the entire Lenten season at least.

Mom's getting worried about me not eating anything. It's kinda hard for her to shop for what to cook on a daily basis because the rest of the other people in the two households (ours and Tito Toto's coz they eat lunch and dinner at our place) love to eat meat. We are Kapampangan after all. I insist on having no red meat and innards anywhere near the vegetable dishes she serves and everyone else complains that the dish tastes bland. But I won't go near anything seasoned with red meat or anything that's been cooked with it.

I've gone back to eating a bit of rice. Around 1/4 cup's worth for each meal. Hate the feeling afterwards though coz it's like having a brick inside my stomach. It's just heavy.

Yet despite this kind of diet I haven't lost a single fricking pound. I'm not really doing it to lose weight although I thought that this would be an advantage, but no, it hasn't happened yet. Maybe part of it is coz I stopped taking those contraceptive pills my OB-GYN gave me. My monthly menses haven't come since I stopped them (no, I'm not pregnant). And I'm kinda expecting it but it still sucks that my forehead is breaking out with small pimples every now and then (they don't last long and are usually gone overnight) since I stopped taking the pills. Guess I need to continue drinking those pills again. I'll start them Wednesday next week so I won't get confused. And I guess I have to start some sort of exercise program. Hmmm... wonder if the Fitness First here can help me with strength-training? Must ask when I go there this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home