Tuesday, February 11, 2003

Just had a really long "working" weekend so to speak.

Saturday:
Went to MegaMall to meet with Ana and the rest of the RO2 people so we could work on the decorations for the AnimeProm the Yaoi Dudes have organized. Our dear president didn't show up until around 6pm and considering we were supposed to make the decorations at her house, well, all I gotta say is we kinda wasted the whole Saturday morning and afternoon doing absolutely nothing towards that aim of making decors.

Hmmm... wait a minute, I guess the day wasn't totally wasted since me and Neechan saw Jet Li's movie "Hero" and it was really so goddamned cool!!! I like the plot and the efftects. The fight scenes all looked so graceful, esp. the one between Flying Snow (was it?) and Moon. Astig!!!!!

Then when Gem came we bought art suppiles and went to her Taytay home. We got there at around 9 or something. We them proceeded to make those darned flowers. They're supposed to be roses but heck, we couldn't make them look like roses! It took around 30 minutes to make just one measely flower!

Sunday:
Overnight at Gem's so the next day we finally met her numerous relations. Man! So many aunts and uncles and cousins in one roof! Must be fun. Very different atmosphere from my home. Very, very different.

Anyways, we woke up kinda late since we all didn't sleep early trying to make those darned roses. Um, there's one exception to that: Ana-neechan who just dropped dead like a fallen log instantly asleep when her head hit the pillow. I couldn't sleep coz, as Gem said, namamahay ako. I don't know how Ana does it. She just so easily adjusts to a place. I just can't do that. My mom says she's like that too, so I'm thinking it's part of my genes ^_^;

Well, Hazel went home at around 10 promising to come back later in the afternoon, which she did. Then we went to meet Robert and Ernie at the new venue. Made plans on layouts and stuff and then bought some more art supplies at Natio and went back to Gem's house. We were met there by the other YD people. I thanked the good spirits for giving us more manpower coz left to ourselves, we would NEVER finish working on those blasted flowers, let alone the other decors planned for the event. The others stayed up until 10 pm, meaning I had to stay overnight at Gem's again since I couldn't very well go home to Pampanga that late.

Monday:
Finally went home. We didn't do a thing about the decors this day coz we were just plain tired.

I've a few gripes about the whole AnimeProm deal... One: no discounts. Two: I'm still wondering whether RO2 would even get an acknowledgement or citation from YD for helping with the Logistics. I won't go into detail about any of those coz I don't really have the energy to rant today.

I'm supposed to meet Ana and Gem again tomorrow for a trip to Divisoria to buy more stuff to use for the event. I don't know if I would indeed go. I'm running out of money for transpo alone. I'm not even sure I'll be able to go to the prom itself for crying out loud! This is what makes the no discount thing soooo... as I said, I am not gonna rant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home