Sunday, September 19, 2004

The apostolate to San Jose finally pushed through. We were able to give hold a class at the Chancery, with about 30 or so kids listening to us talk about personal hygiene and grooming. After that we held some sort of game where the kids who are able to answer our questions about the topics we talked about were given prizes, some of which were toys, school materials, and some stuff for their personal hygiene like combs, toothbrushes and toothpaste, etc. I donated some toys and a Winnie the Pooh set of school materials which my classmates liked for themselves. One of them – my classmate, let’s call her KD – took the small tape dispenser and was making hushing sounds to her friends when they saw what she did. I waited a few minutes for her to give the thing back and when the others were finally going to give the set to the kid who won it, I finally spoke up.

me: Paki balik mo na naman o.
KD: Ha? Ay! Ate andyan ka pala!
me: Pakibalik mo na o, please?
KD: Ang alin, ate?
me: Yung kinuha mo.
KD: *nervous laughter and looking at her friends… but still not giving the item back*
me: *just looking at her for a while, waiting, then…* Ahh, ganyan ka pala. Pati pala mga bata aagawan mo pa.
KD: Di naman, Ate. *and here she finally gave it back*

Kinda too late, you know… my view of her will always be like that… corrupt, a thief, and a liar.
She was probably thinking that what the kids don’t know won’t hurt them, right? Wrong.

To think we always say that our government’s officials are corrupt… maybe it’s not just them, maybe it’s all of us Filipinos…

I just find it disappointing and depressing to have to think like that from now on.
***

After the apostolate, I went to the mall. Watched Exorcist. Didn’t like the plot. It’s a prequel to the first movie. And it’s not even that scary.

Bought Amelie and watched it when I got home. Loved it more than Exorcist. It’s cute. Never mind that I don’t understand a whit of French. It has subtitles anyway. It’s really nice. I can relate to her somewhat… wish though that I had her courage.
***

Didn’t get to by the book I wanted to buy. Forgot the author but the title’s P.S. I Love You. Sounds cheesy, I know, but I really want to read it. I keep passing up Neil Gaiman’s books and buying something else. Dunno why I keep doing that.
***

He finally knows what my real age is. I wonder if his view of me will change now. Doesn’t really matter, I guess. But I’m just curious. He thought I’m 18! Wahahahah!!! I still can’t believe he thought that… hmmm, is that good or bad? ^^0
***

Suddenly became a part of the staff of the Nightingale, our department’s newspaper which actually comes out once a semester. Apparently, they only have a staff of seven currently, and when they heard I was interested in joining, they signed me up without even a screening. Am finishing up my submission today. Am nervous about really joining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home