Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Tips To Feed Your Soul

(from Kay Allen Baugh's Chocolate for a Woman's Soul Vol II)

01. Start each day with a desire to make a difference. (here here!)

02. Live each day bringing more love wherever you go. (err, what about when you have PMS?)

03. End each day with a moment of thanksgiving. (have to admit that I sometimes forget to do this, I fall asleep too fast coz am so tired)

04. Acknowledge the unique gifts and talents of your loved ones; it reinforces their best. (but not too much that they get a big inflated ego)

05. Pray for yourself and others and you will bring more light into the world. (pray and work usually is best)

06. Play as hard as you work. Joy and laughter are therapeutic. (I want a vacation!)

07. Embrace the journey of discovering and living your soul's purpose. We are all here for a reason. (This idea actually saved my life.)

08. Share your heart's desire with those who believe in and support you. The power of your dream will be magnified. (I already told you guys what I wanted to do, right?)

09. Look for the learning when difficult moments occur. We grow the most during challenging times and end up stronger, wiser--and often more fulfilled. (Amen.)

10. Nurture the relationships you have with your girlfriends. The older you get the more precious they become. (Oist, gals! Ano, makakapunta kaya kayo sa fiesta samin?)

11. Provide a "hand up" to someone less fortunate. It will be helping yourself as well. (Exactly what I'm doing right now sa community duty, and it feels soooo fulfilling! I actually wanna go and volunteer sa Red Cross or the like pag natapos ako sa studies ko.)

12. Go to a special place that feels sacred to you when you need to relax and renew. (Hmmm... sacred... church? the cathedral... yeah... some may think a stuffy 400+year old cathedral isn't relaxing, but it can be. It can!)

13. Record the important events of your life. Your children will cherish reading them when you're gone. (Children? What children?)

14. Spend time with a pet when you are feeling blue. The unconditional love you receieve will lift your spirits. (Hahah! Brownie and unconditional love does not mix... that dog simply refuses to spend more than five minutes with me.)

15. Remove the clutter in your home. Keep only those things you and your family treasure. (But I'm a pack rat... I HATE HATE HATE throwing things out.)

16. Remember that the answers are within. Approach each major life decision using child-like imagination and the wisdom of a wise woman. (Errr... okay.)

17. Create a new tradition or celebration for you and your family to experience each year. (I honestly can't think up of any. Well, it's 4am, what do you expect?!)

18. Save consciously, spend wisely, and enjoy your deliberate prosperity. (I'm an impulsive shopper... go figure.)

19. Add richness to your life--eat a morsel of chocolate now and then. (This I TOTALLY agree with!)

20. Stay on speaking terms with God. Inner peace comes when you include Him in your daily life. (Amen again. It's actually nice, you know. Makes me feel like I'm never alone coz all I gotta do is pray to actually talk to someone. Helps relieve stress too... okay, hope that didn't sound as neurotic as I think it does...)

Got the book (Chocolate II) pala from Ate Jennifer from our exchange gift last Valentines Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home