Friday, March 14, 2008

Errrr... what?

Okaaaaaaay... mom just casually mentioned that during the early years of their marriage, dad went astray. And that they almost separated.

Wow.

I never even had a clue.

That’s coz they never really talk about their relationship, like how they met, courted, got engaged, and stuff like that. I do ask, but they always brush off my questions. Or joke about the topic.

Isn’t it disconcerting when parents just drop a bomb like that on you?

I had this same queasy feeling when dad talked about going out with his coworkers to some pub and had a girl sitting with him. Of course my mom wasn’t listening to our conversation that time, but gawds I really felt like hiding under the bed and cringing my eyes shut. I really do not want to even think about my parent’s, specifically my dad’s, sexual relationship.

I mean, I KNOW they’ve done it, coz my sister and I were born after all, but... eeeeeewwwwwwwwww?! I’d really rather not think about it, thank you very much.

1 Comments:

At Sun Mar 23, 02:14:00 AM 2008, Blogger ana said...

yeah, the "err...what?" reaction sums it up fully. i had the same reaction, along with a healthy dose of "why the heck are you telling me this all of a sudden?!", when i was told something similar.

how's life?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home