Thursday, December 04, 2008

Crosspost from my LJ account


We live in uncertain times. Earthquakes, hurricanes, the ever-present threat of zombies—do you have a disaster plan ready in case one of these things happens to you?



Hahah, just thought answering this would be fun (since I cant seem to fall asleep again):

Hmmm... right now my brilliant disaster plan in ready would have to be relying on sheer blind luck hahahahhaha!!! No, seriously. I'm pretty much versed on first aid and what to do to help during disasters and accidents so I'll just hope for now that it doesn't and will never strike anywhere near me and those I love (again) and pray that if it does whatever resources and help I can come up with at the time would suffice.

Funny thing though, just yesterday we were talking about something like this during dinner. Mom commented that there seems to be more accidents, wars, natural disasters, etc happening around the world now than during her time; Lola Ising then commented that although all of these are happening our hometown seems to be one of the few that has escaped near disasters. We have a river running across the town but it hasn't overflown yet that it caused floods, and when Mt. Pinatubo erupted we escaped unscathed with just some ashfall. In the years that she's been alive, Lola hasn't heard of any major disasters happening in our town, and whether or not you believe her explanation it still gave me goosebumps when she said it's coz Apong Iro (St. Peter the Apostle) was the one guarding our town. It wasn't a bad feeling, you know... the feeling that gave me goosebumps. More on a feeling of awe; that after she said that something clicked in my mind and I knew I agreed. *shrug*

Well, anyways, I've gone off topic. And I'm yawning. I'll try to get back to sleep now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home