Saturday, November 15, 2008

I always get this reaction and it irks me to no end

I don't understand why people I've just met (at least here in the province) think I'm some sort of genius just because I wear eyeglasses! I have astigmatism and am nearsighted in one eye though I forgot which; so it's a necessity for me to wear my glasses, else I'd have a migraine in a few hours without them. Just because I wear them doesn't in anyway mean I'm smarter than the average person.

What I dislike more are the high expectations that seem to come with this impression. Sure I can be quite anal and want my work to be as perfect as I can make it, but that's because I don't want to regret not doing my best later on. It requires effort. And some people seem to just expect that being able to do so is just as easy as breathing for me so they pile up more work (supposedly theirs) for me to do. Grrrr! I hate that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home