Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Back to the hospital tomorrow

But for IV therapy seminar and practicum. Coz I need to. It's actually illegal to administer IV meds and place an IV line on a client if nurses don't have an IV license. But JBLMRH allows their volunteers to do so coz of lack of staff. If a client's IV line becomes non-patent for whatever reason, we usually don't have enough time to wait for licensed people to replace it so we do it ourselves. That's why even though I already know how to, I'm still getting the license to protect myself.

Anyways, I still don't know what my NCLEX result is. Am crossing my fingers and praying that I passed. It was a rather difficult exam.

Belated Happy Birthday to Tito Toto!!!

We celebrated his birthday with a dinner party with close family friends last 06 Nov, and because of that we have a full ref filled with leftovers until now. Banaman, isipin niyo na lang 2 litson, noodles, fried rice, assorted maki/sushi and sashimi, shabu-shabu, tempura, and 4 other viands made of pork, fish, chicken and beef, 2 kinds of cakes, a bilao each of maja blanca and rice cake, assorted fruits, fudge brownies, buko pandan salad, kani salad, macaroni salad, almond-lychee gelatin... kahit na around 100 people yung dumating at kumain sobra-sobra pa rin yung food. I had my fill of tempura, sashimi, and maki to last me the rest of the year. And to think ang dami ng "nag-take out" ng food kahit na nakikain na sila wahahahahha!!!

I also went to a seminar about Forensic Nursing last Sunday. Quite informative. Makes me wanna study further about forensics and try to get a job related to it. Pero la pa daw kasi recognized training body pagdating sa forensics dito sa Pinas. Have to get trained in the US or other western countries. Sucks.

Have to renew my BLS training with the Red Cross. I'll try to go to the PNRC-Angeles Chapter sometime next week to inquire about it. Paso na kasi yung BLS ko.

Speaking of Red Cross, I kinda want to try applying for the "national field representative" position they have for hire at their website. Mom disagrees with it vehemently coz the job description would entail me to be stationed at different provincial areas and most likely sent to disaster areas as well if there's a need for people there. I told them I'm just gonna try and apply. I'll read the contract properly and consider the risks and cons before I sign anything, but mom is adamant about me not even trying. Wag na lang daw akong magtrabaho if dun ako magtratrabaho. Haaaaaaaaaaaaay... I understand her; she's just worried for my safety. But it's also my life and my choice, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home