Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm at a loss at how to respond

So a friend texted me yesterday, asking for financial help. She said it was for her mom. My first thought was that her mom might be ill, and they were having trouble finding money for the treatment. I'm happy to learn that this wasn't the case, but at the same time her reason for asking her financial help from me (who technically isn't a close friend of hers at all) made me reel just a bit.

She said her mom's in trouble coz their business isn't doing well. They're having trouble keeping it afloat, they don't have anything to pay their employees... stuff like that. The way she termed it, "...kasi di ba yung mom ko..." which would hint to me knowing about their business before, which I really have no idea about, just really had me raising my eyebrows in confusion.


Just a reality check here, dear:

I don't have that kind of money; not the amount that would help save a dying business like the one you mentioned. My parents may have it, but they don't know you enough to withdraw from their savings to bail out your mom from her bad business decisions. I have relatives from both sides of my parentage who'd probably wring my neck if I asked my parents to help you first before they do those of their blood.

From what you texted me, I understand that your mom made wrong decisions about her business. It happens.

The entire WORLD is in recession.

Although it breaks my heart to know you're in such straights, I cannot help. I don't have the capacity to. I want to though, but I just cannot.

This is what I want to tell her. I've yet to text her back. I don't know how to reply though.

1 Comments:

At Mon Mar 02, 10:05:00 PM 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your reply is: Sorry, I don't have that cash. I may be able to help in some other way, just not the cash. LOLz.

Wala bang kwenta? :))

~ QT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home