Wednesday, February 26, 2003

That’s the second time I lost what I typed as a post for my blog so what I’ll do now is type it before I go online. That way I get to save time on the net plus I won’t lose any more posts.

As I said in what I wrote in the blog editor before it went awry on me, this post just might become a rant about anything and everything. Then again, it just might NOT be one after all. We’ll see. So here goes!

I’ve been watching this show called Nigella Bites daily at around 10 am on a Japanese channel on the cable. It’s a cooking show and I just love the way the host cooks! She makes it look so simple and easy! The way I know cooking is that it’s a chore. It takes at least half a day for us here at home to cook a meal either for lunch or dinner. The chopping of all those ingredients, from the standard onions and garlic to virtually everything that’s needed for the recipe, is such a tiring job. Cooking, at least here at home, is work. That’s not the case with Nigella. Her kitchen’s a wonder! It’s so well stocked and well equipped that she gets everything done in a jiff! I want her kitchen! Then again, what aspiring cook/chef wouldn’t?

I was listening to a random show in the fm radio this morning while having breakfast when the two people – a guy and a girl – started talking about their favorite types of foods. They went from favorite to the most exotic foodstuff they’ve eaten or encountered. Then the girl mentioned the saying, “the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach,” and the guy answered her by saying that it isn’t necessarily the food that a girl/woman cooks that makes her win the man’s heart but the fact that she would love/like him enough to cook for him in the first place. I guess that makes sense. Yes, cooking could be a chore. But from my meager experience, it does seem easier and more satisfying to cook when I’m cooking for somebody other than myself. That somebody doesn’t have to be a guy, it could be my friends or my family; but whichever the case, I feel better at cooking and seeing the food I cooked being eaten by people I care for. Makes for a warm fuzzy and proud feeling inside when they finish off the food I serve them and even ask for seconds! Feels nice ^_^

APN’s over. I’m glad. It went okay, it seems. From my point of view anyway, logistically speaking, that is,since that’s what we volunteered to help with. The decorations were nice (hehehe, love your own!), food was good and was more than enough for everyone who attended, didn’t have to pay for my entrance (btw that boycott plan I had wouldn’t have worked since our booth was inside the door) since the Anime Club sponsored us (THANKS!!!), and was more or less not bored out of my mind (mainly because I had a pretty busy time ignoring almost everything going on around me and focusing my energies on finishing Gem’s Sandman books.) My one and only task was to hand out the RO2 flyers, talk to anyone kind enough to stop and look at our booth, and that’s that. Didn’t mingle. Wasn’t in the mood for it.

I had two haircuts. The first was at Fix at Glorietta. I don’t recommend anybody going there for haircuts coz I had a really bad experience with one of their hairdressers. Just one. Too bad I didn’t get his name so I could diss him to high hell. That blasted goddamned “person” wasn’t in the right mood to handle hair in the first place since he looked pissed off about something. I wanted my hair layered. He did layer it. Asked him rather nicely if he could please make the cut shorter. He then proceeded to cut off the layered parts and thereby making a rather coconut-husk-grade-school-like haircut of which the only positive aspect to it was that it refreshed me somewhat coz it took hair off the back of my neck. I had that kind of haircut last when I was in grade three, if I’m not mistaken. And contrary to what that middle-aged homosexual said, it didn’t look nice.

My second haircut was at our friend, Mits’ place. We – me, Ana, and Gem – went there to have our hair done for the APN. Now, this place I can and will recommend to anyone. The staff there is nice. They’re not in any hurry and take their time actually making you feel better about the way you look. They’re more, I dunno, humane. If that’s the term. I dunno. Maybe it’s just me. But the times I had a gay hairdresser touch my hair with a pair of scissors all ended up in disasters. I guess, in a weird way, I do understand them. Take out the competition. Right? Heheheh!!! Maybe if they made all the women they have as customers in their saloons all look hideous, they’d have higher chances getting men for themselves? Hehehe!!! As I said, it’s a rather weird way of thinking about it, but heck, it’s my only way of rationalizing losing Php165 for a disastrous haircut. So, BEWARE OF HOMOSEXUAL HAIRDRESSERS!!!

I think this is long enough. I’ll end here. Told you it’ll be a long rant. It’ll just get longer if I don’t force myself to stop right now. So I’m stopping. At least, for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home