Saturday, April 05, 2003

I am on strawberries-and-cream-high mode. My mom’s friend gave us a BASKET full of fresh strawberries she bought from Bagiuo. Gods! I’m just about fed up with their taste. Been eating them the whole bloody day. Specifically with that Magnolia All Purpose Cream with condensed milk dip. Yum! ^____^ But methinks I’m already suffering from sugar high. Too much of a good thing is bad. Yeah, yeah, I know. But we really can’t let those scrumptious berries go to waste now, can we? And to think my mom’s already given half the basket’s content to my aunt. Methinks my cousins are just about fed up with them as I am right now.

Btw, I’m typing this up while drinking a soya milk+strawberries+banana blended smoothie. Try it out, why don’t you. It’s deliciously semi-sinful. I’m saying semi coz soya milk’s supposed to be not that bad for you. Actually, soya’s supposed to be good. Healthier. So are fruits, right? And there’s nothing wrong with ice coz it'sjust water, right? So all in all, I have a really healthy power drink going down my throat right now. Bloody nice, eh?

Speaking of drinks and health… watched this show where they were discussing what’s healthy to drink. They made some tests and it seems that distilled drinking water’s the best of all the bottled mineral water out in the market. It’s supposed to be the cleanest.

Next on the healthy drink list is carrot juice. Supposedly because when you run carrots through the juicer and then drink the liquid that comes out of the carrots you get 90% of the carrot’s nutrients while you only get 35% if you chew it. Some explanation about easier digestion and such was given but I don’t really want to get into that.

I forgot which comes next but soya drinks are also supposedly good. So are lemonaides or limenaids or any juice made from citrus fruits. They made this orange-lime-grapefruit drink that looked real nice. Then there are the fruit smoothies. Just don’t add anything with preservatives.

Coffee’s bad. Coz of caffeine. Aw… damn. And here I really like coffee. The perfect wake-me-up-er.

Soft drinks/colas are also bad. So I guess Diet Coke’s out of the question when it comes to healthy and low-fat / low-calorie drinks, ne? They didn’t say anything about beer or any other alcoholic drinks though. Since I’m not really into getting drunk, I won’t dwell on them either.

Hmmm… why the sudden health conscious post? I dunno, really. It’s just something interesting for me. Plus I’m trying to go on a mostly liquid diet so… *shrug* I guess that’s my reason behind that.

Just something I heard on tv…

Life should be made of the following:

,
?
!
but never a
.
Coz if you set a period on your life, you stagnate. Changes stop, and so does your life. It is a state worse than death.

I think I’ll have to agree. Imagine if you never experience change. Imagine if your life stays the same till you finally die. That’ll be hell. Pure hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home