Friday, April 08, 2005

A bee is trying to enter through my window's screen... at least it sounds like a bee trying to enter through my window screen. It could be the neighbor's aircon unit going haywire or something... but nah, it sounds like a bee. Hope it doesn't get in. I'm not very friendly with bees.

Am done reading Da Vinci Code. It's cute, but as usual, I'm not very surprised with the ending. The concept of there being a female counterpart to God isn't new. I've even played with it for the El Estrall plot. All the symbolism aren't exactly surprising. I just feel nice about reading them and affirming somehow that I'm not the only one in the world who interpreted things in this particular light. Of course now I feel like changing some of my symbols for the El Estrall world... but then again maybe I won't. So what if Dan Brown used them. The darn symbols aren't exclusively his.

I know I'm not making any sense to you. Anyways, it's a good read, the book. I couldn't put it down. The way the author incorporated all those factual places and events and people gives the entire plot some feel of truth, but it is a plot of a fictional story. I don't get why people would think it's real, but it is a nice read. Entertaining, but kinda predictable. Gah, I hate what you taught me Tanglao-Aguas! Nah, not really... just hate the fact that I never seem to just appreciate a good story coz I know too much how it's gonna flow. Hay...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home