Friday, April 01, 2005

The name of the rose
Umberto Eco: The Name of the Rose. You are a
mystery novel dealing with theology, especially
with catholic vs liberal issues. You search
wisdom and knowledge endlessly, feeling that
learning is essential in life.


Which literature classic are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

***

Spent most of yesterday with Sir Farley, editing and rewriting his articles for the Nightingale. I still find the entire experience funny. Funny in both meanings of the word.

Funny as in hilarious coz there were a lot of moments that made me just smile or laugh out loud; and funny in a weird kind of sense coz I don’t normally open up as much as that when I’m around people I know as little as him.

Just didn’t feel like acting my usual stuck up self, I guess. Plus he was very easy to get along with and talk with.

The silences weren’t awkward. You know, those moments when we weren’t talking? It just was okay for me that we were both just sitting there and we weren’t saying anything (I dunno ano iniisip niya during those times though and if he was okay with the silences).

Had yesterday happened several months ago I would have had a very different reaction than I’m having today but now though... I dunno. It’s just nice having spent a day like that with someone I can talk with about just anything under the sun. Because I miss those kinds of conversations with my friends.

One other thing to note pa pala: I’m just grateful he changed out of his school uniform into that basketball jersey. I know he told Sir Jenel he thought it looked hip, but somehow I get the feeling na nakikibagay lang siya sa suot ko – was wearing my stupid PE uniform coz we were supposed to have our finals but then my prof up and decided wag na lang. And yeah, I have 1 PE class, coz di nacredit, ok? – Either nakikibagay siya or naawa siya sakin so he decided to wear that so I won’t look too odd wearing what I’m wearing...? Dunno. I’m just thankful he’s considerate enough to do that. Whether he's even conscious about why or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home