Saturday, May 19, 2007

Manga Post

A few months back, my dad's friend's daughter who lives in Japan (I have no idea what her name is) did some house-cleaning and instead of dumping them decided to give me several manga hand-me-downs (tankoubons and weekly/monthly JUMP, Hana to Yume etc. magz) among which were three complete tankoubons/volumes of Ai Yazawa's works. They've mostly been collecting dust at my bookshelf, but I've been reading them on and off since then (usually when I'm en route to school I read one during the jeepney ride).

Anyways, I've yet to read "Marine Blue no Kaze ni Dakarete" and "Tenshi Nanka Ja Nai". I read "Gokinjo Monogatari" first and finished it some time ago, so when I looked it up on the net and found out that it had a sequel (of sorts) I immediately checked MangaTraders if they had "Paradise Kiss" which they thankfully did. I just finished reading it. I know it has an anime, but I'd really rather go with the manga.



I shouldn't have read the darned thing... volume 5 at least. It made me cry! My eyes (and heart) hurt so much right now that I don't have the will to review! And to think I just read the darn thing to give myself a little bit of break from reviewing.

It's just sooooooooo fricking sad, dammit! Why'd Yazawa end it like that!?!

In any case, my purpose for posting about this is not really to rant but more to recommend this uber nice continuation/epilogue fanfic by queen-isabell titled Beautiful Creatures for those who felt excruciatingly sad with the ending of ParaKiss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home