Monday, May 19, 2008

Hi all... just felt like posting again after so long heheh...

Having my shift suddenly changed from 7am-3pm to 11pm-7am surely threw my body clock haywire. Although thankfully, by the time I do get home, I'm too tired and sleepy to toss and turn. But I never get uninterrupted 8hours of sleep. Three hours seems to be my max. Whether it's a dog barking or a passing car honking too loudly I always wake up waaaay before I set my alarm clock.

The change of shift also brought me back to the original set of people I worked with at the ward when I started. And although I get along with these people just fine, I kinda miss the ones who are now still in the 7-3 shift for several reasons. One of which is that I learned quite a LOT and enjoyed my work more when I was with them. Funny thing is, Sir S who technically cajoles and browbeats us VNs to do the brunt of the work is a better nurse and mentor than Sir E. His work is more polished, and he just has this attention to every detail that I find amazing when compared to Sir E who misses a few things and looks put upon when I repeatedly ask him about something.

Gah. Or maybe because I just plain like the guy coz he reminds me of a favorite college prof (who a lot of students said was a slave driver but one I found as inspiring)? There's always that possibility. Len (a fellow VN) dislikes him and literally sighed in relief when she learned he wont be in her shift anymore (she's in the 3-11 one). She doesn't get me when I told her that I was okay with his attitude. He's seemingly lazy and a heck of a lot sarcastic, but I just don't seem to mind it too much and just let his biting words pass through one ear and out the other.

Anyways, the more time I spend at the ward the more I realize that I have to learn a lot more than I did at school. Coz we get such varied cases of also varying ages that I can't focus on learning about one age-group or one situation alone. There's this pressure of needing to know everything coz in this line of work, not knowing something could very well cause someone their life after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home