Saturday, December 28, 2002

Super Impossible Dreams:

1) Make a dream recorder.
I like sleeping not because of the rest and relaxation I get but because I love dreaming. When I have dreams it feels exactly like real life. True that there are some odd happenings in dreams, like the ability of flight among others, but even those peculiar goings-on have explanations why they are like that and are therefore bordering on the normal, the accepted. While dreaming everything truly seems possible. While I dream, I feel oddly alive. The second reason is that I get a lot of ideas when I dream, ideas I could use when writing. I find it extremely regrettable when I know I dreamt something worthwhile but could not remember the details. And so, I want to have a dream recorder.
2) Build an underground library.
I love books and I like collecting them. But it doesn’t end there, for I think the information contained in the books I have and would still collect are too important to keep to myself. I’d like to build a house, probably a two-story villa that has an indoor garden where people could opt to read while relaxing under the shade of a tree. Underneath this house would be an underground library. A treasure hold of knowledge filled with everything that has been written down with paper and ink or inscribed in scrolls or chiseled in stone. A library/museum that I would share with anyone who wishes to research. Of course there would probably be a small fee that would help cover the upkeep of the villa and storing of the books, but everyone would still be welcome even if they couldn’t pay; just as long as they take good care of the materials they would like to borrow.
3) To visit the Halls of the Dead and interview Hitler and Genghis Khan.
My reason? I just frickin’ want to, that’s why.
4) Hmmm, what else? I'll add some more later when I remember them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home