Monday, July 07, 2003

Guess I just got curious… but man and damn, there are a whole lot of Remus/Sirius fics out there! Wonder what Ana and Emma’s reaction to their two favorite HP characters supposed relationship was if and when those two friends of mine heard or read something about it. But Crystal was kinda right about the relationship being obvious. I mean of course JK Rowling won’t up and admit that there might be something going on between Sirius and Lupin since a lot of her readers are just kids but if one considers all the little factoids about Harry’s godfather and former Defense against the Dark Arts professor… I guess I can’t help but think that something besides a deep friendship is going on behind closed doors. Which makes me curious as to whether there is a fic out there on the net about a love triangle between Lupin, Sirius, and Snape… guess I better ask Ana. But I doubt she’d read something like that since she really isn’t into the idea of Lupin/Sirius. She’d rather have Lupin for herself heheheh ^^0

Rather interesting to note that I found a semi-worthwhile Hermione x Draco story in ff.net. It was too short for my taste and I actually liked the idea of the pairing although I’m more into supporting Ron x Hermione than the wiz girl with Harry or Victor or anybody else. I don’t know, I just think she and Ron make a really good couple. They complement each other although Ron does need to get a bit of growing up to do which he seems to be on the path of in book 5. I kinda pity poor Draco and his gang having to deal with having parents who are now known Death Eaters. Must be hard resigning yourself to the fact that your father’s a cold-blooded murderer. Wonder if anyone’s gonna write a fic about how Draco feels about that. Probably someone will. It’s too nice a thing to pass up. And all Rowling really did was just make Draco angrier with Harry. Although wouldn’t it be nice if Draco and Harry would one day become friends or comrades at the least?

About another book: was finally able to catch the movie version of Anne Rice’s Queen of the Damned. Aside from the few moments when I have to admit to admiring Stuart Townsend’s marvelous-looking body and Aaliyah’s wonderful costumes as Akasha, I despised the whole film. I don’t get how Anne Rice can get so worked up about fanfiction writers posting their vampire chronicles fanfics on the net when she can tolerate and support that fiasco called a movie. A lot of things in the movie were wrong, wrong, WRONG! Wrong from how Lestat’s supposed to look like – I mean one of his distinguishing features is that he’s supposed to be extremely proud of his beautiful BLONDE hair – to his siring by Marius (when in the book it was an old vamp named Magnus who promptly exterminated himself after siring Lestat and leaving to the fledgling vampire a king’s hoard of treasures) to his relationship with David Talbot and Jessie (from what I remember, Maharet was the one who made Jessie into a vampire but I might be wrong in this one and Lestat made David a vampire later on, and David supposed to be getting on with his years when in the film he looked no older than fifty, give or take a few years) , even up to Akasha’s death (the whole business of Maharet and her twin eating up Akasha’s heart and brain so the vampire race wouldn’t be extinguished with their Queen was changed to Maharet drinking Akasha’s last drop of blood). They BARELY followed the book’s plot.

Guess I have to say that I’m terribly sorry for the spoilers I just gave out. Well, it’s my blog anyway so I can write whatever I bloody want and it’s not my fault that you wanna bleeding read my worthless thoughts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home