Thursday, January 01, 2004

First off…

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

***

Just some ramblings:

We are neighbors with my mom’s older brother’s family. This situation is normally a good thing except, that is, when their house help goes home for several days. Then we have to serve them. As in literally. My mom does the grocery, plans meals, and cooks for them. Ate Lene dusts around their house and sets their table for each meal. Nang Ising does the laundry. I clean the dishes and do some of the errands.

I don’t usually mind helping out. I know why my aunt couldn’t perform the tasks I listed down as she’s physically unable to tolerate dust and harsh soaps, but what I sometimes resent and still wonder about is why her children couldn’t do some of the chores and why they let their mom do it all. I know it is the mother’s task to be in charge of the household stuff, but really now… their situation is a bit too much.

My own mother brought me up doing chores. I’m pretty lazy most of the time and don’t do any, I must admit, especially since we have the house help to do most of the chores, but when she - our own house help - goes home, I help out. I can’t see why my cousins can’t do the same.

All three of them don’t know the workings around their own home. They don’t even know how to cook. I remember one time that both our moms were out and they had no rice, I had to cook it for them coz both our house helpers weren’t there either.

Parang napaka-helpless nila when it comes to these things. And what irritates me is that they don’t seem to want to learn. I worry for them. What’ll happen to them when they finally have their own families? Will they depend on their house help for everything? What if they can’t find any house helpers, who’ll do it for them? They have to learn, is what I think.

The problem is that their own mother doesn’t seem to want to teach them house work. She doesn’t let them help out and would rather have our own house help do the job instead of her children. Okay, so she was brought up in a family where children didn’t have to do chores, and the house helpers did everything for them, but man, get real. Things have changed! Considering their family is now in financial straits, I doubt they should be having three house helpers to do the chores. It would save them more money if she’d let her children help out. And I think it’ll be beneficial for those kids if they do so as well.

But of course it’s not my place to tell my aunt this, and I come off as rude whenever I suggest this to my mom. Ah well…

***

What a stupid way to die. I’m referring to Miko Sotto’s death. Didn’t even know that guy existed until I heard the news today that he died.

His death just reaffirms for me everyone’s mortality. Life is so fragile. So easily ended by an accident, a natural calamity, or even by our own hands; how utterly tragic life is…

***
Btw, Seika-chan, here are the lyrics for Journey, one of the songs from At The Dolphin Bay. Only realized now that it has a religious context, was thinking too much on the circumstances in the series that I didn’t notice it kaagad heheh ^^0


Journey - Angela Zhang

It's a long long journey
Till I know where I'm supposed to be
It's a long long journey
And I don't know if I can believe
When shadows fall and block my eyes
I am lost and know that I must hide
It's a long long journey
Till I find my way home to you

Many days I've spent
Drifting on through empty shores
Wondering what's my purpose
Wondering how to make me strong

I know I will falter I know I will cry
I know you'll be standing by my side
It's a long long journey
And I need to be close to you

Sometimes it feels no one understands
I don't even know why
I do the things I do
When pride builds me up till I can't see my soul
Will you break down these walls and pull me through?

Cause It's a long long journey
Till I feel that I am worth the price
You paid for me on Calvary
Beneath those stormy skies

When Satan mocks and friends turn to foes
It feels like everything is out to make me lose control
It's a long long journey
Till I find my way home to you. to you



You are cute and wispy! A very sexy, semi-normal
'do favored by many JRockers recently.


What JRock hairstyle are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

normal
You're the Average Fangirl. You like stuff, but
not to the point where people want to kill you.


What Kind of Fangirl are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home