Monday, January 17, 2005

Just had this rather curiously hilarious dream. Okay, it wasn't THAT funny, just kinda crazy in a funny way. It was like this:

At first, I was part of this team. We were in an isolated place, supposedly training for something, some big event or battle.

I went out, alone, for a while. Walked till I saw this tricycle and driver whom I talked to and convinced to give me a tour around the place. He said one of the tourist attractions of their town was this one particular road. I asked him if we could go there and he happily agreed.

The road he was talking about was filled with vendors; all of which were selling talismans to ward against evil. I didn't buy any. I didn't need any. I came with my own wards, so to speak. Part of my "costume" in the dream was this black crystal rosary that I wore around my neck.

I immediately learned why there was such a booming business of selling protective talismans: it was because there was supposed to be a monster that visited that street every night. The vendors said that if someone did not wear any protective talisman, then the monster would take them away and eat them. I still wouldn't buy anything and even showed them the rosary.

Then there was this huge hubhub and apparently, the monster had arrived. Everyone hid their talisman under their clothes coz they didn't want the monster to get angry at them.

I turned around and saw this tall blond fair skinned guy looking down his nose at me. I knew he was a vampire, and for some reason, the name Dracula popped into my mind. He took my arm and dragged me to the other side of the street away from the crowd of vendors and locals who've gathered to see him.

He was hissing at me angrily, asking why the hell didn't I hide the rosary. I asked him why I needed to hide it when it obviously had no effect on him. He reluctantly agreed that indeed, none of the talisman had any effect on him, and he whined, and divulged that it was part of the deal he had with the town: that they fed him fresh human blood (donated by different town members) while he stayed at the place to visit this one street everynight and try to scare tourists so they'd buy the overpriced talisman that the townspeople were selling. It was a big business. A big fraud. I told him so, called him a spineless vampire and he dramatically sighed. Sighed! Dracula?! Sighing?!

Anyways, while he was explaining why he agreed to such a deal, I woke up. With a smile on my face and on the verge of laughing out loud. He was quite funny and cute and not at all scary. I don't know why he was so chummy with me though. Wanted to return to my dream and ask him but I need to get ready for damned school. Sayang...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home