Monday, March 07, 2005

Read this amazing story about Norse Mythology’s God of Tricks, Loki. (Kaya ako tanong ng tanong sayo sa text about Norse Myth, Nechan ^^) The title’s Loki, Son of Laufey by Amy Keeley.

You can find it at her website at:
http://www.geocities.com/mediahalfwaygone/stories.html

or her fictionpress account:
http://www.fictionpress.com/~amykeeley

Please read it, people, coz it’s really nice and good and funny and romantic... and I know I shouldn’t be wasting my time reading it pero I finished it in one sitting despite the fact that I need to study for finals on Tuesday and finish several papers for this coming week.

Ah-ha-ha-hay! Quizzes! Di naman sa ala akong magawa. Actually, ang dami kong kailangan gawin at tapusin, kaso nga lang eto nanaman ako at tinatamad mag-type ng project/paper. Ewan ba bakit grabe akong mag-cram.





You Are 30% Extrovert, 70% Introvert



You are quite reserved

You aren't afraid of social situations...

But you very much prefer to go it alone

And why not? You're your own best friend!





Ah… I knew the outcome even before I took the bloody quiz. Go figure.


***





You Are 15% Left Brained, 85% Right Brained



The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.

Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.

If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.

Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.



The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.

Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.

If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.

Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.





Yet another quiz I knew the answer to before taking it. Hay... What can I say, I know myself, I guess.

Hahah, I'm an introverted right-brainer; kinda cliche, don't you think? The antisocial artist kuno. Nah, I'm not really antisocial per se. I like being around people. So I could watch them, observe and get info for my writings. What? I like watching, but I'm no voyeur. I have limits.

Speaking of watching, I had an interesting time during Holy Mass yesterday. Was sitting there, quietly listening to the priest's sermon when I saw a spider web with an insect caught on it. It was still alive and was trying to get free. Then the spider came along, and it was this tiny itty bitty whitish-gray thing that was even smaller than the insect trying to desperately get free. It didn't go to its web, it just looked, stopped for a little while, unmoving and looking at the web and then it left. I figured it would come back to eat the insect when it's already dead. So here I was inside the church having a moral dillema. If I helped the caught insect, I'd be indirectly killing the spider coz I'd rob it of its food, right? But if I didn't help the insect get free, the spider would eat it. I was trying to decide what to do the entire time I was sitting there. Then when I finally decided to help the poor prisoner, mom stopped my hand. She thought I was going to play with the web or something, she didn't even see the poor insect. So I thought that maybe I'm not supposed to help the poor trapped thing. I left it there after the mass ended, still struggling, only wishing it luck and praying it could get itself free.

I thought, how odd that it was that nobody else was conscious of the life and death struggle that was happening right then and there in front of me. Everybody else was minding their own thoughts/lives/etc. and there was this poor trapped insect probably terrified out of its wits just trying to survive. Then I realized, how different are we really? One person can be as insignificant to the entire world as that insect was to the people inside the church. One life can mean nothing to so many.

And yet, that one life could mean the world to somebody; to one particular someone in the world at that moment. That one life could be the most important thing.

And I had this overwhelming feeling of awe at the balance both situations resulted to. Isn't life so beautiful that way? And I found myself praying, with real feeling, not just by rote, but really praying to God that He help those who felt that they were worthless, the people losing hope in their lives. I know it sounds cheesy, but heck it felt right to do so, and I would have bawled right there and then before leaving the trapped insect except I didn't really want to make a scene. hay. La lang. Just reveling on the beauty of life, is all.

Back to the inane quizzes I took:

***





You Are In a Decent Mood







You aren't turning cartwheels, but you're having a pretty good day.

Some ups, some downs, but overall you're coming out ahead.

And who knows? Tomorrow could be even better!




Hay, thought it’d say I was having the worst day of my life. Buti na lang hindi, coz the worst day of my life was really REALLY bad.

***





Your Element Is Air



You dislike conflict, and you've been able to rise above the angst of the world.
And when things don't go your way, you know they'll blow over quickly.

Easygoing, you tend to find joy from the simple things in life.
You roll with the punches, and as a result, your life is light and cheerful.

You find it easy to adapt to most situations, and you're an open person.
With you, what you see is what you get... and people love that!




And here I wanted my result to be fire, but this is quite correct concerning me.

***






find your element
at mutedfaith.com.


Time's good, if I can control it that would be VERY interesting indeed *rubs hands together in glee* Good thing I can't ^_~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home