Tuesday, March 15, 2005

First-Borns


Positives:

They are natural leaders. They represent United States presidents, astronauts, and CEOs by overwhelming numbers. (So I like being the boss, so what?)

They frequently live with a sense of entitlement and even superiority. (Ah heh heh heh ^^0)

They often come in two flavors: compliant nurturers/caregivers or aggressive movers and shakers. Both are in control; they just use different methods. (Me more of the former, I think...)

As a rule, first-borns are picky, precise people -they love paying attention to details -and they tend to be punctual, organized, and competent. (I hate waiting for late people to come especially when I have nothing to do. It irritates the heckout of me ^^)

They want to see things done right the first time. (Saves more time this way, db?)

They don't like surprises. (Not the bad ones anyways.)



Negatives:

They are often moody and occasionally lack sensitivity. (Aherm...)

They can be intimidating, particularly by pushing people too hard or refusing to take no for an answer. (*cough cough*)

Sometimes they can be a bit of "know-it-all," and often are poor delegators, in large part because they don't trust other people as much as they trust themselves. (Ah ha ha hah... Para kong narinig sarili ko when I was griping to my mom about my groupmates...)

They also tend to be bossy, flaw pickers, and conscientious to a fault. (Really? Me? Bossy? Flaw picker? Hmmm, come to think of it, yeah, I kinda am. Ah well...)

*From The Birth Order Connection (Revell, September 2001)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home