Thursday, July 21, 2005

Helped deliver my first baby last Tuesday. His name is Curt Ortega; a name I will forever remember. He was somewhat small, though regular sized at 3.1kg; he came into the world with a loud cry that had us relieved coz it was a great sign that he'll be fine.

It felt so weird holding him; he was so small, so fragile that I was afraid that I'd hurt him. But it felt nice to hold him coz it was like holding a little miracle, and though he smelled awful and was dirty as hell (coz of the amniotic fluid, vernix caseosa and blood), he looked like an angel to me ^^

Anyway, today we'd still be assigned at the Deliver Room of the District Hospital at Arayat. Hope I can assist again but this time, be the one to deliver the placenta. Iba talaga pag actual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home