Thursday, January 12, 2006

It’s has been almost a year now since Fel Maniago borrowed my illustrated copy of Dan Brown’s “Da Vinci Code”. There are around 3 or four more people lined up to borrow it after her, all asking me when they’ll get to borrow the book. They tell me that they’d like to be able to read it before the movie gets released. I tell them the same thing all the time, that my copy’s still with Fel and that she probably hasn’t finished reading it yet. I mean, not everyone reads as fast as I do, right? Other people take their time reading... so I gave her a whole semester before I asked her about my book. So as I said, it has been almost a year now since she borrowed it. After one semester, I deem it reasonable to ask her about where she was with the book. She said she’s done reading it. Okay, so I tell her to give it back to me ASAP. She says yes, several times in fact, but has yet to return it. Thinking that it’s coz we have opposing schedules, me being in school when she’s at the hospital and vice versa, I just told her to give it to Borj who’s the next person who wants to borrow the book. She agrees. Then afterwards she tells me that Erick Jay has the book, Erick’s also borrowing it from me so okay, I said it’s fine. Then just this week I got to talk to Erick and asked him how he’s finding the story and he up and tells me that Fel hasn’t handed him the book yet. And that he and Borj had been asking Fel about it and si Fel pa yung wala sa mood kapag tinatanong nila siya. I’ve been trying to call Fel but she rejects my calls after 2 rings; I’ve texted her but she doesn’t reply. I’ve asked a friend of hers to talk to her about giving me back my book but so far no results as of yet. I think I’m rightly justified to feel pissed off just about now, right?

I’m being civil... too civil in fact. And I’m gonna stop being civil coz this is MY blog after all and fuck anyone who thinks they can dictate what I post here.

I want to scream from frustration right now. I’m angry! Damn it! I don’t mind that she hasn’t returned the book, what I bloody hate is that she fucking lied to my face about giving it to Erick when she bloody hasn’t!

My gods, really... what pisses me off more is that it’s just a book. A book! A bloodygodmotherfuckingcruddy BOOK!!! Never mind that it’s 1,400php and that I didn’t eat lunch for a few days just so I’d save up money to buy it, I mean, it’s just a fricking collection of paper and ink and papasira niya yung reputasyon niya for that?! Taragisan! PUTARAGISAN NIYA!

I don’t really mind if she destroyed/damaged/lost the goddamned thing, all she has to do is tell me. I wouldn’t have minded it much. I’ve forgiven people who borrowed books and lost them or damaged them coz they told me straight to my face na Fe, I’m sorry I can’t return your book coz this or that happened to it. Some of those same friends offer to replace the book but I usually just let it be and let them return it to me as it is coz hey, they’re my friends and people are more important than books... but to have someone actually LIE to me and then not take my calls and answer my texts and avoid me just coz of whatever reason that prevents her from returning that darned book to me is really IRRITATING THE HELL OUT OF ME!!!

Right now I’m venting out my anger here. I really really really really really want to grind Fel to a bloody unrecognizable pulp, I want to smash her face in, cut all her stupid artificially relaxed straight hair to the root, better yet pull each out by clumps, then skin her alive and roast her over an active and erupting volcano not because she hasn’t returned my stupid copy of the Da Vinci Code, but because she fucking lied to me. FUCK HER!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR……………………………

Minsan lang talaga ako magalit ng ganito katindi sa mga taong kilala ko, considering ang haba na talaga ng pasensya ko that I can tolerate people taking advantage of me and all that... pero naman no! Konting delikadesa lang sana. If you borrow something, at least have the good graces to give it back or if you can’t at least tell the person who owns it why you can’t give it back yet. I know I have borrowed some things and forgotten to give them back at one point or another, but I’ve never lied to anyone yet when they’re asking what I borrowed back and couldn’t return it. Papalitan ko yun by hook or by crook kahit mahirapan akong maghanap ng kapalit or mas mahal na bilhin, paniguradong ibabalik ko yung nahiram ko kasi responsibility ko yun the moment the hinand over yun ng may ari sakin. That’s a given rule di ba?! Na if you borrow something that’s not yours you take care of it more than you would your own possession coz the person who lent it to you not only lent you that object but also given you their trust?

Taragisan talaga... pag naencounter ko si Fel nito ano mang excuse niya ipababalik ko sa kanya yung book and I’ll expect it to be in mint condition coz I lent it to her that way. Pag hindi... shit will hit her face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home