Sunday, November 19, 2006

I'm a total addict

Haa-ah... I can't believe I was able to go to school, study, and still watched this many series in just a bleeding week! But anyways, I did, so here are my comments about each show:

TSUBASA CHRONICLES:

STILL at episode 20. Oh wait! I actually managed not to sleep through 20. Yeah. I remember seeing its ending credits after all. I think. Wait. Err, yeah. I did finish episode 20. I remember dozing off during the OP of episode 21. And I can’t blame anything else for dozing off! The weather wasn’t conjusive for sleeping and I was watching this in the late afternoon so no… this show just makes me go to sleep.

I know I said it was nostalgic seeing the characters and all that but after the first ten or so episodes well, I began noticing things I didn’t like. Oh the art’s good and clean and nice as expected of a CLAMP series, but it’s just absolutely boring! Sakura’s so bloody passive! I miss her personality in CCS. Shaoran’s slightly better but he’s being such a bloody martyr about his situation. Fye’s never wavering smiling face makes me wanna kick him just to see him get serious. Mokona’s cuteness is just... irritating! Kurogane’s like a fighter version of Touya and with his way of sticking with Fye makes me just think that they should have kept Yukito and Touya around as main characters instead of support. Haaaaaaay. And don’t get me started about the long silences between character responses. It’s like literally waiting for their minds’ wheels to turn! I hate hate hate hate hate watching this thing! To think I still have around 30 episodes that I have downloaded and haven’t watched! I almost don’t want to. Almost. But I want to at least finish the first season. Even if I fall asleep every after each episode.


PRETEAR:

Was sappy. Unoriginal. Mushy. Typical Snow White/Sleeping Beauty plot. Kinda corny at times. Did I say it’s sappy? My favorite was Sasame whi was a total bishie though he does tend to invade Himeno’s personal space way too much. And I just wanted to pluck Shin from the screen and hug him very tight coz that kid is just soooooooooo kawaii!!! Kei I wanted to ground into fine powder and bury underneath boiling lava *shrugs* He just rubs me wrong I guess.


ONEGAI TEACHER:


Not worth watching unless you’re a guy after fanservice. It was confusing at best and irritating at its worst parts. Mushy too.


CHOBITS:

Hmmm... it was okay. Not one of my favorites though. Sure Chi’s cute and all, but the characters needing to say so even till the fricking final episode just overdoes it, I think. In a way I love its darkness, but then I hated that the series meandered in most of the episodes then just showed the major stuff in the last 3 or so episodes. Too abrupt, I think. But then it does work so I don’t have that much of a complaint against it unlike Tsubasa Chronicles. And I didn’t fall asleep during watching it, not even once ^_^


TOUCH:



Live action movie version of the baseball animanga Touch. Watched the anime years ago but didn’t get to finish it, so although the story wasn’t something I haven’t encountered before I still ended up crying my eyes out for the main characters. And crying is good. If a film can move me enough to cry while watching it, then it’s great in my book.


GRAVITATION:

Wonder why I watched this again? I just got disappointed. I can understand attraction, but the deeper relationship between Yuki and Shuuichi just lacked any solid basis. Shuuichi is so much like a girl, what with the pink hair and all, that I almost forget that he’s a guy and that this is a yaoi series.


NANA the movie:

Yup. Live action jmovie. Watched it before in WOWOW in raw jap. Loved it. Saw it available for download and well, downloaded it. This copy was subbed and what dialogues I didn’t get from watching in WOWOW I was now able to understand in the copy I have. I still love the songs especially Glamorous Sky and Endless Story. I’m still in the midst of downloading the anime though and haven’t watched a single episode yet. Wonder what the differences in plot are? Hmmm…


AIR:

It was nice though repetitive since they basically retold the story from the start when you get around the middle of the series. My pet peeve is what they did to Yukito. Here you have a perfectly bishie Hateke Kakashi-without-the mask lookalike and what did they do to him? They turned him into a fricking crow who has flying problems. Other than that I’m okay with Air. Liked it even.


KIMI WA PETTO (You Are My Pet):

Yes, the Jdrama. It features MatsuJun of Arashi, and to be honest this is the very reason why I downloaded the entire series and watched the episodes within the span of 6 hours. I just NEEDED to finish watching it once I started. It was just too cute! And gush-worthy hahahahah ^_^ And yes, fine. I’m a MatsuJun fan. I’ve been one since watching Gokusen. It really didn’t take much effort to act as Sawada Shin since Shin’s one dour guy. Momo/Takeshi in Kimi wa Petto was a more difficult character to portray and IMO Jun did the role rather well.


FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE:

Read the manga before and because of that I couldn’t really appreciate the first half of the anime. I kept referring back to the manga for the differences in plot and there were a LOT! And I didn’t expect Mitsuki to have such a low voice. In a way I’m glad she doesn’t. Both the OP themes suck, IMO. They don’t capture FMoS at all. When I first saw the first OP my mind kinda expected something like Kodocha, if I haven’t read the manga first that is. The manga’s a lot darker. Delving into the more painful stories behind the characters. Takuto’s way of dying was a lot more dramatic in the manga for one. What happened to Eichi and how Mitsuki knew of it but still continued to try to fulfill her promise with him is way more heartrending in the manga. The anime didn’t show the relationship between Ooshige and Wakaouji. Nor Meroko’s connection with Mitsuki’s grandmother. Guess they had to keep it a bit more lighthearted. I was literally on more or less uncharted grounds by the time the competition between Full Moon and Madoka for the commercial was done. I half expected Eichi to come back from America or something, good thing they stuck to something close to the manga, but still it was so different and a lot less dramatic and dark than the manga. Loved the ending though. Totally loved it and can’t say anything bad about it. Wai!!! Takuto!!!


ELFEN LIED:

Downloaded this on a whim after seeing the cover art and with no idea what it was about so I was surprised when I played the first episode. I cannot complain about anything about it except that it was so short! Just 13 episodes! Wish they made it the usual 24 or 26 coz that would have given them more air time to tie up several loose ends. But I guess I’m fine as it is. The art and animation is just BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE the OP and ED theme! Chieko Kawabe’s “Be Your Girl” is certainly inappropriate for a series with this kind of plot and theme but somehow its chipper-ness works. Anou... just make sure that you never watch this with kids around. Nudity (of the non-hentai kind, unless your mind is naturally wired that way) as well as copious amount of violence, blood and gore abound. But the story’s good. Did I say I love the OST yet? Heheheh ^_^


Still downloading the titles Jean recommended in her blog. Again thanks for the suggested anime series! I’ll be watching them when I finish downloading the each entire series. Oh and I’m also getting the jdrama Densha Otoko. Wonder if it’s any good though, got any idea?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home