Friday, November 24, 2006

Oguri Shun

Contrary to what Guido thought, Oguri-kun is not an anime but a person. He's a young Japanese with quite a good lineup of work as supporting but quite good characters. He's this guy:



Twenty-four years old, he's been acting for several years, and although I've never really noticed until this week, I've actually been watching him and his work for a bit of a while now. I like how he fits all the characters he portrays, and that he gets to play such a variety of characters as well from a young samurai to a wanna-be gangster to a rich heir in love to a poor hearing-impaired school boy and many more roles. He just... I dunno, somehow perfectly and seamlessly plays each character realy well. This week actually turned out to be a Oguri Shun fest for me.

Watched Azumi and Azumi 2 again where Shun-kun acted as Nachi and Ginkaku respectively. He had such a short role in the first Azumi movie, so seeing him again in the second film, although his character died yet again, was a relief. He did have more airtime in the second film after all ^_^

He was just so cool in Gokusen where he played Uchiyama. I watched the season 1 special again, and I still miss the golden hair he sported during the entire series. Uchiyama’s hair was black with a few highlights in the special. Somehow he looked tamer heheh, well at least he’s waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better looking than the animanga Uchiyama.

Then I finished downloading and watched Densha Otoko. Of course it was rather frustrating to watch Densha Otoko if you’re just waiting for Oguri Shun to show up on screen. Good thing I ended up liking the story. I remember now that I watched the play version of Densha Otoko on WOWOW several months ago. So that’s why the title sounded so familiar...

In Hana Yori Dango (the jdrama), Oguri Shun played Hanazawa Rui. Somehow he’s a lot less stiff than Vic what’s his name of the Taiwanese F4/Meteor Garden. They look too different for me to compare though I appreciated the jdrama more than Meteor Garden coz it’s more faithful to the manga than Meteor Garden ever was. At least now the setting’s correct, the whole gang’s in high school rather than college, and there are a lot of other details that are there that weren’t in MG.

I just finished watching Summer Snow. My eyes still hurt a bit from crying. Although I somehow knew from the start that one of them was going to die, and that I was actually anticipating that something like that was going to happen, the way they delivered it still was so touching enough that although I knew that this was how the writers would end it I still ended up crying my eyes out and emptying my tissue box. *sigh* Out of all the jdrama’s and films I mentioned above I’d recommend this first. It really is a must to watch. And although Oguri Shun’s again a supporting character he was still so loveable in this series; and he really did his character justice and so far of what I’ve been able to watch of his work his character in Summer Snow was the best.

Still waiting to finish downloading the jdramas Stand Up and GTO, both with Shun-kun in their list of cast. I plan to watch Stand Up first coz it’s supposed to be a comedy. I need something to laugh about right now.

So anyways, about school and life in general:

We didn’t do much this week except have an exam last Monday, rehearse for a role play on Tuesday, and then perform that role play on Wednesday; watched other groups’ role play on Thursday; got grouped for the Comprehensive Review today (Friday).

Am so relieved that I finally got my monthly period back on the 20th. Not that I was in any danger of getting pregnant or anything of the sort, mind you. It’s just that my menarche is irritatingly irregular. The last one I had was last August. So my hormones are unfortunately imbalanced, meaning my face at times erupts with these tiny pimples that fortunately don’t last very long and don’t leave behind traces of their demise, as well as become easily irritated for no apparent reason at all at any random event, object or person. It sucks. I have to take contraceptive pills just to regulate my menstruation, because if I don’t the interval between the next and the last one would take months. Although some of my profs told me that giving birth to a baby would regulate one’s menstruation and hormones in a more natural way, I have no plans of doing that any time soon. Lolz, no thanks. Pills it is, thank you very much.

Camille, my cousin who lives next door and the younger sister of the twins, has PUD. She’s supposed to undergo endoscopy so they could see the ulceration’s exact location. Although from her symptoms it looks more like gastric ulcer, but we’re still waiting for her doctor’s diagnosis.

We start with our hospital duty next week on Monday. We’re assigned at San Luis District Hospital. We’ll be tailing their Chief Nurse and other heads during the duty so we won’t be handling patients yet. Wonder when we’ll get to be on duty on the OR/DR? I still need several more to complete my cases. Sir Jenel will be our CI for San Luis. Kinda weird seeing him without Sir Farley around. Those two were almost inseparable before...

Anyways, that'll be it for this week's post. I'll post here again on the next weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home