Thursday, March 01, 2007

Red Cross Training: Check!

I am now an officially trained Red Cross first aider. ^____^

After four grueling days of training at the PNRC Angeles Chapter here in Pampanga, all 34 members of Batch 7 from UA graduated from their BLS training today ^_^ The upside to this? We get this nifty liscence card that's recognized worldwide that we were trained by the Philippine Red Cross. Downside? Umn, I wouldn't necessarily call it a disadvantage, but now it's our duty to respond to any emergency situation to give first aid to those who... well, need it.

The training itself was fun, but tiring. Tiring mostly because I was voted as Batch 7's president so I had additional tasks to perform besides that of participating in the training and the lectures and the team activities. Dealing with some of my batchmates was FRUSTRATING. Those irresponsible, snotty, good-for-nothing but complaining and ranting bitches from the other section - sorry sa mga natamaan if meron man sa inyong makakabasa nito - were the main source of my exhaustion and irritation in the past few days. Thank God Quibs, Preng, Ate She, Jean, Revs, Sonny, Grace, Dice, Nicky, Roma, Pykes, Fel, and the rest of my RLE groupmates were there to help coz SOME PEOPLE acted like complete prissy senoritas and refused to lift one measely finger to help. *sigh* At least it's over, right? I don't have to interact with them anymore, right? Yehey!!!

I managed to somehow bag the "Best in Adult CPR" award... though I really don't know how in heaven's name I won that thing considering Sir Ryan corrected me in so many things during my return demo. Although I think I was the fastest to perform the adult CPR, my RLE groupmates were surprised when I got out of the examination room after just a few minutes compared to the others who took more than 15 minutes when it was their turn. *shrug* I got a nifty little pocket leatherbound notebook for it and a Red Cross black ballpoint pen when our group (Group II, the Tak Boom group -> the name wasn't my idea, mind you) won the "Best Group" award.

I think I loved the "War Simulation" activity best, then the skit, then the cheering, and the n the Team Building. All in all, despite how tired my body and how painful my feet feel, it was fun. Kinda sad it's over.

Oh wait... it isn't over yet. I almost forgot to mention that it's my job (and the rest of the elected officers) to make/create/edit/design that scrapbook Sir Kim's requiring us to pass by next week. Oh joy... not! Well, I'm weird in the head in this way: I'd rather be tired doing the work and make sure it's of good quality than let others handle it and be unsatisfied with the probable hack of a job they might submit. Does that mean I'm a bit of a perfectionist? Coz I've been called one and it kinda bothers me coz it seems to have a negative connotation when you're called one. Or am I just being paranoid? Hmmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home