Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Here's to hoping that there'll be PotC4!!



I couldn't really care less if I never see Will and Elizabeth again; they had their (so-so) happy ending so let's leave them there. What I want is more Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow!!!

Obviously I watched Pirates of the Caribean 3: At World's End. It had so many muddled dialogues in it that I had to watch it twice to understand what some of the characters were saying, but in general I absolutely LOVED every minute of my 1:30 to 7pm stay inside that crowded theater (on opening day no less!) especially when, after several scenes and minutes into the movie, they finally showed Captain Jack! Several versions of him in various state of (un)dress too ^_____^

It was just so fun to watch (coz I'm a big fan of the first two movies, if you aren't you'll probably be confused and bored as hell).

Props to the cast and crew for probably one the most chaotic wedding ceremonies in movie history. But my most favorite scene has got to be when Jack was standing on the mast of the Black Pearl as it was being carried out to sea by those crabs. Reminiscent of the first movie when he was shown at the start atop that sinking tugboat, but this time it's the Black Pearl he was standing on. Nevermind that it's not on water and he's at Jones' Locker. He's on the Black Pearl! The Pearl!!! He got through hell itself (although I dunno about the state of his sanity, but then Jack's never been completely on the sane side to begin with) coz the Pearl was with him. He couldn't sail it, sure, but at least his beloved ship was there.

Calypso was a total disappointment though, you'd think a goddess would've done something 'more'. So's Chow Yun Fat's character (whose name I can never remember aside from it starting with an S), just when he gets interesting he up and...*spoiler* -__-0

Love the rivalry between Sparrow and Barbossa; you couldn't even call it friendly rivalry coz those two would be at each other's throats or at gun/sword point had they not been such staunch followers of the Pirate Code ^_^0 Speaking of the Code, wasn't Keith Richards totally into his role?! Hahahaa!!!

*sigh* I really want a Pirates 4 with Johnny Depp and no one else. To think he wasn't the first choice for Jack Sparrow. I shudder to think how Jim Carrey, Christopher Walken, or Michael Keaton would've portrayed the character had they been cast into this role. I don't even wanna think about Speilberg's choice between Bill Murray, Steve Martin or Robin Williams for the role had he been the director @_@

Okay, I'm just rambling on now. Better stop and go back to reviewing since it's almost June -- time for the NLE!!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh T_T

1 Comments:

At Mon Jun 25, 09:24:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I want a PotC4 just for Sparrow and Barbossa. I also want Norrington... X_X;; *sighs* Oh and with Pintel / Ragetti and those two goofballs from the first movies, the two redcoats dude who changed side at the end, the guys who were guarding Jones' trunk XD But yes, I want more Jack Sparrow and Hector Barbossa!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home