Monday, May 26, 2008

Should be tired and asleep right now but for some reason I'm not... wonder why?

Reb changed his night off to yesterday so I ended up manning the ward with Sir Eugene with a census of 70 patients. As usual, lacking rooms to put the new admissions in, our patients' beds reached the door of the OB ward and Dietary building, meaning they're staying at the corridors and walkways near our ward *sweatdrop* Why there are so many people getting into VAs and the like lately I have no idea. Just that I've seen enough amputated limbs, broken bones, head trauma, third degree burns to last me a lifetime.

One patient in the SICU (Surgical Intensive Care Unit) is doing better and is no longer threatening to kill anyone and everyone around him. Two days ago he punched me in the mouth. Good thing I stepped back in time and that there wasn't much force in his punch so his fist just barely touched my upper lip. I was more surprised than hurt. I don't really blame him since he doesn't know what he's doing since he fell head first from the second floor of their house (how I have no idea, he wasn't drunk or anything, just old...).

Speaking of old... I hate hate hate replacing the dislodged IVs of geriatric patients. Well, to be fair, they're easier to put IV on compared to pedia (infants) patients. But the thing is their blood vessels are so fricking fragile and easy to bulge. *sigh*

Btw, Kuya Tan's third panganay (yeah, you read that right, his 3rd firstborn son) was born through CS on the 24th. My new nephew's name is John Christian M. Mendoza. Too bad they ditched the idea of calling him John David. With JR (Jon Russell) already there the only one missing would have been James heheheh ^_^ If Kuya's next child is a boy I was planning to hound him and Ate Clariza to call him James, if a girl then Jamie mweheheheheh ^_^0

We didn't get to see Fr. Larry last Sunday. He wasn't the one to officiate the 9:30am mass at Sta. Monica. It would have been his last mass here in Pampanga for a while, six months minimum, but he chose to say the mass at another barrio that was having their fiesta. Guess we'll be stuck in going to mass here in Apalit again and with Fr. Olet. *sigh* I don't like that priest. 'Nuff said.

Had to ask Kuya Jhun to reformat Genrou again... dunno what went wrong this time. Bought him a new set of speakers and mouse as well.

Wow... what a boring post. Now I'm sleepy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home