Tuesday, April 15, 2003


Another dream:

It was supposed to be a field trip of a sort. I was there with my classmates – both from high school and college – and was having quite a great time. The place was separated into two. The first area was where all the events were supposed to be held and the second area was where we kept our baggage. I left my bags and other stuff at the second area to look at what’s happening at the first area. There was a concert being held there. I didn’t particularly like the music the bands were playing so I don’t understand now why I stayed so long in there.

Apparently after the concert there was to be a sort of testing or a quiz show. I think the idea was that we would all go on stage one at a time and explain a previous lesson. So the longer you wait to go onstage, the more intricate the lesson and what you have to explain becomes.

But I couldn’t go onstage yet for we needed all our notes and things for it and I was bringing none for they were in the other area and we were forbidden to get them. But get them I still tried to do. When I got back the other area, it looked different. If a place could look devastated, then that’s probably how it looked. Destroyed.

I couldn’t find my things at first. The spot where I left them was in a total mess. My things were half buried and I had to dig them out. Upon digging them out, I discovered that I had a sword and a spear among my things. Not far away from them, I again dug out two coins.

One coin had an engraving or a picture of a flame embossed on its surface on one side and a snowflake on its other side. The other coin had the picture of an angel with wings unfurled on one side and an oak tree, I think, on the other. I somewhat understood that once you took hold of either the sword or the spear with coins in hand, the coins would add strength to the weapon therefore to me.

Let me explain this in more detail: the first coin can give the power of fire and ice to the bearer. But the power I can receive depends on the way I’m holding the coin. If the side of the coin that has the snowflake were pressed against the sword for example, then I would be protected from cold. Immune to cold, actually. And the sword would then be able to spew out fire or have the added effect of fire to its attack. If it’s the flame that’s facing the weapon, then the bearer’s protected from fire while being able to attack with ice. Get it? The power of the other coin by the way is this – angel: facing weapon means the ability to heal and flight while if facing outwards gives the bearer the power of the strength of wind & the tree: facing the weapon gives the bearer supernatural strength while when outwards will give the ability of the element earth to whoever is using the coin.

So you’ll have to be wise and choose which side of which coin to use against your opponent. And it’s very hard to use the sword and the spear at the same time.

I think that when the officials of the quiz at the other area learned of what I had in my hand, they panicked. They didn’t want a mere student to have such powers. They took the weapons from me. I managed to hide the coins. Then I stole the spear back and with the second coin, took flight with the intent of escaping this horrible place once and for all.

The officials sent someone after me. A man. A boy. He, I think, was a friend before this, but when they gave him the sword and the first coin of ice and fire, the chase began. I don’t remember how they got the ice/fire coin but there it really was with my former friend and he was using it against me. For some reason, he already had the ability to fly even without the angel/tree coin. In my dream, I remember thinking that this man was in truth an actual angel or ad been one and with the sword given to him, he was able to once again gain his former powers. Kind of unfair but then what could I do?

I kept trying to escape and he kept stopping me when I tried. So I really had no choice but to fight him. I think it broke my heart when I realized I had no choice but to do so. Anyway, so we fought. It was a long and hard battle.

A lot of the other students were getting killed or hurt and they all blamed me for it for this wouldn’t have all happened had I just had my things with me in the first place and been studying in the baggage area instead of partying at the event area. This wouldn’t have happened had I just stayed put at the event area when the time to stay there came, and patiently waited my time at the stage and been utterly humiliated for not having my notes. I just had to be a rebel and sneak out the event area to get my things, didn’t I? See what happened because of my stubbornness and irresponsibility? It was my entire fault.

And here I was with a broken heart literally fighting for my life and my freedom against a person I once loved. Maybe someone I still loved. I think that was why I hesitated so much at using the full powers of my spear and coin against him and all I had been doing during out fight was defend myself against his attacks. How heartrending is that?

I remember hiding in a corner, knowing that my opponent was coming and that he’s already very near. He could probably hear my heart beating so loud. Just when I felt tears welling up and about to fall, because I was trapped in a corner and had just decided to finally use everything I had against him, I woke up.

Now as I try to remember his face, I couldn’t. But I know that in the waking world, I haven’t met him yet. I dread doing so.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home