Thursday, May 26, 2005


Which Revenge of the Sith Character are you?
created with QuizFarm.com

Savior, huh? Well, she wasn’t that effective was she? I don’t think I like being Padme, nor do I like the idea of being someone’s savior. It’s just too big a responsibility to be responsible for someone’s soul.

Watched Star Wars last Saturday (May 21, 2005). Ngayon lang ako nakapost about it coz ngayon lang nabalik yung dial tone ng landline namin. Freak thunderstorm probably hit a wire or two kaya ayun, nawalan kami ng use of both phones for an entire week. Anyways, I knew enough not to expect a happy ending from the movie but still... isn’t it sad that Anikin ended up trying to kill the very person he turned to the dark side for to save? La lang. It’s just sad. But I wish they delivered it in a better way. The movie’s quite disappointing, masyadong mabilis yung change scenes. You barely get the feel for the characters’ emotions before they change scene na. The pacing is just too fast.

It isn’t just that, it sucks in other departments as well, the dialogue for one. Gawds, were they ever sooo cheesy and cliché and predictable. Plus the use of shadows for Anakin, him staying in the shadows as he talks to his mentors, etc. They played that up too much. I guess it’s understandable considering the entire movie’s about how he turned to the dark but they could have been more subtle about it.

Overall, the Episode 3 was a bit of a disappointment. Wasn’t even planning to watch it at first but I felt kinda obligated to coz I watched the first two.

After Star Wars, I watched the movie I went to the mall for: Kingdom of Heaven. Orlando Bloom did well in his role, although isn’t it funny that he ended up having a role that resembled Aragorn of LotR so much? Makes me wonder how well he would have done if he and Vigo whatever-his-surname-is exchanged roles; would he have made a decent Aragorn and would Vigo look alright as an elf?

I loved KoH compared to SW Ep3. Although I heard a guy complaining about how Balian surrendered Jerusalem. He didn’t like the idea, I guess, and wanted more fight scenes. Masyado daw pacifist itong character ni Bloom kaya tuloy siya yung naging talunan sa laban. I disagree. Balian won, coz he did manage to met the goal he set, why he fought for the city in the first place. And he found peace and a measure of happiness in the end, which I think is what he joined the Crusaders for.

I loved this particular scene in the end when Saladin took that fallen cross from the floor and placed it back on a table. Why can’t people in real life do the same? I mean, just respect other people’s religion and quit claiming theirs is the best and only way to heaven. They don't have to go out of their way and degrade other's religion by trying to convert them to theirs; it just fosters hate when they do that. Anyway, back to the movie review...

Technicality wise, had a few gripes about the way some characters mumbled their lines. I know, I know... they’re probably speaking with an accent but still, they could have spoken a bit more clearly. But that’s my only gripe about the entire movie really.

I like how they didn’t scrimp on the authenticity of the costumes, the setting, even the blood spilt during all those fight scenes. I love the attention to small details like that. Camera angles were well executed especially during the battles; dialogue was not at all cheesy nor usual (Balian’s dad was especially subtle with his dialogues.)

And I love love love Saladin’s character. And I totally can understand how something can actually mean nothing yet also be worth everything at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home