Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Quarter Life Crisis

An exerpt from the post Emski sent in the ML about Quarter Life Crisis said:

"Each one of us have gone or will go through this stage. It is normal so don't worry. I encourage you to find your direction and your passion in life first before settling down permanently. Trust in yourselves, have patience, and trust that eventually, you will find your direction. A fresh new start per day. Time to take the next stage in life."

I'm 24, and according to the article, by 25 (mere months from now) I'll be right smack in the middle of QLC. But I think I already surpassed that critical stage back in 2002. That year was probably the lowest of the low years for me, but I can also say that I'm glad I went through it coz it became a major turning point for me.

I feel strangely at peace with myself. True I feel really tired most of the time, but the tiredness I get from school and duty is the good kind of tiredness that doesn't erase the smile from my face. I wake up early the next morning with more than enough energy to face the new day. Sa totoo lang, I feel restless now that I have a whole week's vacation away from the toils of studying to be a nurse. I feel I shouldn't have the free time, that I should be at school or at the hospital with patients or something... I even caught myself trudging in front of the cabinet where I put my uniform to get one this morning, yung utak ko on autopilot na I have to dress up in the uniform I once so dreaded to wear. It just feels comfortable now, coz I have a goal, something I wanna reach that I know I can attain if I put out enough effort. I feel like my life's going somewhere. That I have a purpose.

So it saddens me to realize my friends aren't doing as great. Gals (alam nyo kung sino kayo!), I wanna just say that whatever you choose to do with your lives I'll be on all out support, just like you were with me way back on that low sad year. I can't ever express how important you are to me, and how utterly grateful I am for your being there when I needed the helping hands and willing-to-listen ears and open hearts. You're my sisters and I'll stick up for you whatever the case may be ^^

Okay, sobra ng mushy, tama na. Kasi naman, it's June again. Eight days na lang at 3rd anniv na nung araw na nag-AWOL ako hahaha ^^0 You know what I mean, ne An, Seiks, Ems? *wink* I much rather prefer to call that day my day of rebirth ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home