Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Night Duty

Is a pain.

I feel sooooooo bloody sleepy right now. And my back hurts. And I just got back home too. Gah... Already 9 am and I'm not yet asleep.

Yesterday we had three NSDs, this time we had one NSDs and 2 D&Cs coz at around 2am two patients came in with diagnosis of inevitable abortions. Didn't handle them coz my turn was during the 1 NSD case for cord care. Good thing, that. I just saw the picture of one of the fetuses in Roy's cellphone. It was male. Half a handspan in length with extremities already formed and a really small bump of a nose. It was just lying there, very still in a pool of blood, amniotic fluid, and placental fragments. And even with just a picture, I couldn't help but feel my heart drop in sympathy. That's why I'm not sleeping yet although I badly need to.

May the soul of those two little ones rest in peace, may they find happiness in heaven, and may their parents find solace in each other during this time of grief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home