Thursday, June 28, 2007

Anime Marathon 2

I mentioned in the previous post that I was watching Ai Yori Aoshi, right? Well, I didn't finish it. Kinda surprised with myself that I hang on till episode 24 (with gritted teeth and eyes rolling heaven-wards at the sheer cheesy-ness of the story) before switching to something else.

The something else was another mushy story, though thank God that Yuu Watase ended it like that so it had a bit of a saving grace to it. What I'm talking about is Zettai Kareshi. No, I didn't watch it. Dunno if there's even anime available to watch; I just read the manga. Liked the bittersweet ending, that's all; although it's similar to Touya telling Yuuhi to take care of Aya when he's gone. I had to bear with seeing Tamahome's face for the entire 6 volumes, so it was somewhat a torture to read. I never really liked Tamahome in the first place, I'm a Tasuki fan, remember? And is it just me or did all the characters look alike with just a slight difference to their hairstyle? They all looked good, but geez...

Next was Hana Yori Dango manga and some of the anime (since I don't have all the available episodes). I stopped at episode 10 (I have 32 so far) of the anime coz the BGM grated on my nerves. And I hated Makino's voice. So monotone! Settled for reading the manga. I kinda wasted my time in doing so coz I basically just read the story of the jdrama. I LOVED Hanazawa Rui though! I totally enjoyed it when he was no longer Makino's love interest and was just her friend. He's hilarious! Though maybe I'm partial to him coz Oguri Shun plays him in the jdrama and I LOVE Oguri Shun hehehe ^_^

Then read (yes! I read it. The title of this post really shouldn't be anime marathon but manga marathon, ne?) W-Juliet. I *heart* male Makoto! And Ito's older twin brothers! Waaah... my one wish, if I ever get reincarnated, is that I get older brothers like those two wheheheheheheh! They're so fricking cool!

Next I watched Gundam Seed Destiny. *sigh* I kinda wished I didn't. I hated Shinn as the main character. That boy had a serious attitude problem and was so easily brainwashed. Then again it's kinda cool how good he is when he goes into seed mode (he's so fricking strong!) and even managed to win against Kira's Freedom. Of course I hated him for going after Kira but then there wouldn't be a story if he didn't so in the end it's okay ^_^; Besides which, for a main character he didn't get that much air time compared to Athrun. And his character development suffered a great blow when the writers/director/producers or whoever the hell is responsible for the darned script decided to switch to Kira as the main character during the latter phases. Also hated that the ending was so rushed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home