Sunday, May 04, 2003

Hmmm… I just realized something. I like characters like Roo (Raymond E. Feist’s Serpentwar Saga) and Silk (David Edding’s Belgariad) but when I met someone who could have embodied those two characters, I ended up not liking him much. I won’t tell you who it is; I’ll just say that he was a classmate during college. He’s a person I admire because of his having a goal-oriented personality and the drive to get to that goal no matter what, but beyond that I couldn’t really make myself talk to him for more than a few sentences. *shrugs* Beats me why I feel like that. I rather think though that our personalities just don’t jive. So maybe if I met Roo or Silk in real life I wouldn’t understand them either, maybe not even like them as much as I do when I read about them. Oh well…

Anyway, the feast of St. Joseph’s over for this year; so is my stint as a flower arranger. I didn’t even know the names of the flowers I used. I just now they’re yellow… well, with splotches of brown now hehehe ^^; The food turned out okay. Lots of people who came to mass ate breakfast with us. Lots of “take home” & “pa-plastic” meals; all because they were too shy to eat there, but weren’t shy enough to ask for half a dozen sandwiches and a plateful of spaghetti to take home with them. But that happens every year so nothing new there.

Another celebration I went to was my cousin’s wedding. I have one thing to say about her wedding: it gave me all the pointers on what NOT to do during weddings. Seriously. If my wedding (if I’ll ever get married which won’t be anytime soon) were like that, I’ll probably get an annulment, el pronto. But then my cousin didn’t have that choice since she’s seven months pregnant…

The last celebration I went to was Lola Oding’s birthday. The crowd was definitely better, less… um, rowdy and much more polished and mature than those who went to my cousin’s wedding. No one said it outright but I think everyone was thinking that this celebration might most probably be the last birthday Lola Oding would ever celebrate. She’s semi conscious at times. She at least can respond a bit when people talk to her, moaning and crying most of the time, but her doctors said that if liquid once again pools up in her skull she’d suffer another stroke or something and then that’s gonna be it. Game over. It was supposed to be a celebration but one could notice that the people who came were visibly subdued; they laugh, true, but never too loud and never too happily. It was really more of a reunion of sorts… all of Lola Oding’s family and friends came to see her… I guess while we still all have the chance to be with her… *sighs* Oh well, that’s life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home