Sunday, July 13, 2003

It happened again; I have the unfortunate habit of eating while reading something particularly descriptive and gory, and considering I have a rich imagination, you can see just try and see how appetizing food can be once you’re imagining about a creature of the dark inside a corpse-filled room lapping up the dried blood that had spilled on the floor… I really gotta stop reading while eating. But then again it does help with the supposed dieting I’m going through… so maybe I wouldn’t stop after all.

Ateneo lost to UE by 1 measly point. Tough. Oh well. They were on a somewhat losing streak during the start of the season last year but they still triumphed in the end. I still have my hopes up that they can defend that title.

Got hold of Gem’s new cell# from Joiz (THANKS AGAIN JOIZski!!!). I’ve just been to her blog, seems she’s also a Sirius Black fan. Wonder though how Ana’s doing with the HP fic she’s planning to write now that she’s finished reading book 5.

It’s prelims week this coming week. For some reason, I’m not nervous. I dunno why. Maybe coz I only have to study one handout or one chapter per subject? Lots of memorization though, although some of the terms I’m already familiar with.

I find Reading 1 somewhat laughably easy. I mean, we’re taking up prefixes and suffixes, synonyms and antonyms, idioms, and figures of speech for crying out loud! That and “what is reading” and “the benefits of reading”… bleeding flaming hell!!! WTF?! Hello? I LOVE reading so do I need to learn its benefits when I’ve been reaping them for years now? I was a literature major for crying out loud!

I’m adjusting to the new school slowly but surely. Yesterday I was sitting at a bench reading a novel while waiting for my class to start and I realized that the place I’m sitting in /is/ beautiful. Birds were chirping, the trees were huge and gave great shade, and although it was a bit hot and I was perspiring like crazy, the wind was blowing and it smelled unpolluted. I think I was being influenced by what I was reading; I was seeing the beauty of things. Of everything. Whatever, it’s not important… heheh ^^0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home