Saturday, January 28, 2006

MMW Day 2

I've never realized how difficult it was to talk to someone diagnosed as clinically insane until I got to face one.

Her name's D.J. (just her initials, we're supposed to keep things confidential). DJ just sat there, as bored as a doorknob, her expression showing how sleepy she was and how she just wanted to get back in bed and doze off. She told me her favorite past time was sleeping. She didn't like to sing, dance, talk to people, eat, nothing... she just wanted to sleep. Every other sentence led back to her wishing to sleep. Gah... nauubusan ako ng sasabihin at itatanong!

Ayoko sa mga mentally ill na patients; give me someone with cancer, AIDS, MI, DM, lupus, or any majorly infectious and communicable disease and I'll be fine and happy coz I'll know what to do.

4 Comments:

At Sun Jan 29, 09:35:00 PM 2006, Blogger Louise said...

Which is why I can't be a psychologist...

@_@m

 
At Mon Jan 30, 06:37:00 AM 2006, Blogger feifu said...

Yeah, I don't think I'll ever choose to focus on psychiatric nursing. It's too hard! My gawds, ang haba dapat pala ng pasensya mo sobra if you have to deal with mentally ill patients!

 
At Wed Feb 01, 09:46:00 PM 2006, Blogger Ai-Lin said...

>___< Parang ang awkward siguro nun, trying to ask questions tapos di mo sure ukng dumadating ba sa right cells ...

>___< Yaiks... Siguro yung mga nasa psychiatric wards medyo wala nang paki sa kanila... kakalungkot isipin

 
At Sat Feb 04, 01:34:00 AM 2006, Blogger feifu said...

We didn't get to talk much with the nurses at the ward, more yung sa ACIS lang nakausap namin and they're pretty okay naman.

What makes it hard to talk to them is that you can never ask them any questions that begin with "why" or "bakit". Dapat laging what, where, who questions lang... ang hirap mag-explore ng topics that way

 

Post a Comment

<< Home