Wednesday, October 08, 2003

He, not the guy I was virtually gushing about with my previous post, is extremely ungentlemanly and doesn’t bleeding know how to take a hint and sod off.

Does it sound like I’m pissed off at someone yet again?

Good. Coz I am.

Somewhat.

I try to stay pissed off coz the whole ordeal made me physically sick. I had a monstrous headache that could have been avoided he let me be for just that day… but no, he just /had/ to be an annoyingly spoiled brat.

I had to take a painkiller just so I can sleep! A normal paracetamol didn’t work anymore. That was a first. These migraines of mine are getting worse, I think. And I didn’t like using that painkiller. Coz it’s one that works too well on me. I get so groggy and sleepy that virtually NO ONE can wake me up. Believe me, my mom even tried spraying my face with ice cold water, moved the bed, and all to no avail.

And all that for what? That blasted stupid idiotic shithead who wouldn’t let me be for just a day.

Okay. A rant, yet again. Bleeding great!

*** *** ***

Just saw this whiles browsing: check out www.prontera.net for other really nice RO related stuff:

Ragnarok-Online Etiquette Guidelines by Morohtar

I. General Common Sense Rules
1) Don't bypass the profanity filters in the chat, they are there for a reason.


Hahaha… yeah right. Sure, EVERYONE follows this… curiously though, only in RO is “gagawin” a profanity.

2) Do NOT beg for money or items. It is easy to go make money by killing monsters.

Applies to lazy novices who thinks that just because they’re novices people would donate hard-earned items to them.

3) Only go into a chatroom in which someone is buying or selling to discuss the buy or sale. Otherwise, you just waste their time.

4) Do not flood the chat.


Pa heal.
Pa heal po.
Pa heal.
Pa heal po.
Pa heal.
Pa heal po.
Pa heal.
Pa heal po.
And so on…

5) Do not use bots. If you need to use a bot, what is the point of playing the game?
6) Guys, don't be pathetic and follow the girl-characters around with the stupid emoticons. If she doesn't want to talk to you, she doesn't want to talk to you!


Hahahah!!! So true! Tapos sasabihan pa ko ng suplada pag di ko kinausap. Like it’s my bleeding duty to appease their ego?

7) If you setting up a chatroom, don't set up in front of someone else's chat where they can't be easily seen.
Just noticed that this happens when people sell similar items.

8) Be nice.

I try.

9) Follow general netiquette

I try.

10) Do not pester acolytes/priests to heal you. Ask once and if they ignore you or tell you to go away, don't bother them any more. Also, don't ask for multiple healings when you have a high max HP (i.e. 800+). (suggested by Butterfli)

Amen.
If you’ll notice my knightess, she NEVER asks any random aco or priest for healing. She’ll just sit quietly in one corner and wait till hp regen does its work. Now if some extremely kindhearted priest or acolyte goes by and heals her, then she’ll happily say thank you.
I only ask my guildmates for healing. They’re my friends and teammates. Figured I can pester them and they’ll forgive me, ne Floe? hehehe ^_~

II. Fighting Rules
1) Only help someone fight a monster if they ask for help. This excludes boss- monsters such as the Gold Thief Bug...


Uhhuh. Hate it when they kill steal AND loot the drop AND laugh at me after doing so AND then have the kapal ng mukha to ask for my asl and cel number.

2) If you are a tank: Don't hit every monster in the area and expect people not to come after some of them. Only hit one or two monsters at a time.

Wheheheh ^^0, I’m guilty of breaking this rule. Will try not to provoke that many monsters whenever I tank anyone.

3) DO NOT steal another person's monster(Sniping). Let me clarify: If you see that someone is going after a monster and is closer to it than you, leave the monster alone. This is mainly for Swordsmen, Thieves, Merchants, and Acolytes. I will discuss Archers and Mages later on.

4) If you and another person go after a monster at the same time, IMO the monster is fair game, may the best person win.


I stir clear of anyone who came at a monster first. If I happen to hit it first though, I expect the other person to quit coming after it. Coz I’d do the same. It’s only polite to do so. Most people aren’t, unfortunately.


III. Job-Specific Rules
1) Swordsmen:
- See II.3
- Do not go after a monster that has been targeted by a mage's spell unless you have already begun attacking the monster. This wastes the mage's SP.


I do this. It’s usually the *sarcastic* polite and friendly mage who WAITS till I start hacking at a monster and only then targets it, probably thinking I wouldn’t mind in the least.

2) Merchants:
- Do not cheat people. If you are advertising a certain discount percentage, stick to it. Smart people will have a calculator handy to check your prices anyway, so do yourself a favor and give correct prices.

3) Thieves:
- If you carry a bow, read the rules for the Archer class as well.


Can’t relate… yet.


4) Mages & Wizards:
- Do not target a monster with a spell if someone else is going after it (See II.3).
- In the same spirit as II.3, don't try to snipe another mage's monster with a faster
spell than they are using. (i.e. if they are using an elemental spell don't use SS or NB
to beat them to the kill). This applies only if they targeted the monster first.
- Do not use the Ice Wall spell in towns to block entrances and exits. (suggested by zax4787)
- If someone near you is fighting a monster in a non-aggressive area, wait until they are done
before you use a spell with a wide attack area that might kill their monster.


Amen.

5) Archers:
- Archers tend to be the worst about II.3. Do not snipe just because you can kill faster doesn't mean you can snipe other people's monsters.


Soooooooo true!

- Do not kill a monster which a mage has already targeted with a spell. It is obvious when a mage has targeted a monster with a spell - you can't miss it!

Uhhuh. They have that whitish circle thingie going on in the ground.

6) Acolytes:
- Suggestions?


Hahahah!!! What? No guidelines for acolytes? Well, acos and priests generally get away with a lot of stuff coz people tend to try and be nice to them coz they might ask for free healing from said priest or aco in the near future. I know. I’ve an aco too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home