Sunday, July 18, 2004

Watched Kill Bill 2.
 
Loved it. 
 
Was slightly irritated when the people behind me kept asking each other why the hell the Bride/Beatrice was crying her eyes out inside the bathroom near the end, after she killed Bill.  Guess they didn’t understand the complications of what the character chose to do.  She did kill the people she vowed to kill.  She got her revenge, and technically won on that account.  But it wasn’t a clean win.  She killed the one person who truly loved her: Bill. 
 
Of course, he too was a murdering bastard; and the fact that he shot her in the head all those years ago could never be forgotten or even be forgiven.  But the thing is, Bill’s character is very understandable.  He was jealous.  Like he said, his heart was broken, thinking that the woman he loved was killed.  And then next time he sees her, she’s getting married and is pregnant.  He probably felt the worst of betrayals.  And enraged heart broken feeling betrayed self-confessed murderers are probably the worst people to provoke… so, he is rather understandable.  And quite admirable too if you really think about it.  I felt sad when she killed him.  I didn’t want her to kill Bill.  But I understand why she had to.
 
And the other ironic thing is that the four people working for Bill who came and shot everyone at the chapel were all probably at first thinking that they were there to avenge their comrade and friend against the person who killed her.  Well, in effect, they did do that.  They killed the Bride’s alter ego. 
 
Gah.  Whatever.  I just absolutely loved the film.  Wouldn’t think twice about buying my own copy of it. 
 
*** *** ***
 
Prelims start Wednesday next week.  Not really hassled about it coz I’ve been burning my eyes out studying.  (An absolute first!)
 
The weekend after the prelims I’d need to buy a pale yellow shirt for the Nursing Dept. Acquaintance Party.  Why we need to have an acquaintance party, I do not understand.  Something about us getting to know the other sections in our year level as well as the people in the other year levels below and ahead of us.  Like I care to get to know them.
 
Taray ko no?
 
Seriously though.  Gastos nanaman kasi e.  And hassle pa.  The only advantage I see to going is that I’d see Sir in something else other than his uniform. Wahahaha!!! ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home