Saturday, October 01, 2005

I got sick. Again. Nilagnat lang naman. Natuyuaan kasi siguro ako ng pawis nung Friday after that horrid-traffic-ridden trip to Manila… yes yes, I went there and didn’t tell you guys. Only bought a book for school, didn’t spend too much time really. Just bought the book, ate and zipped right back to Pampanga. At sa SM North Edsa lang ako nagpunta pero sa dating na yun inabot pa ko ng 5pm para lang makauwi.

So spent whole day Saturday sick and recuperating (translate to sleeping like a log and shivering from the heat kahit na naka-aircon na kwarto). When I wasn’t sleeping I was watching something I bought yesterday... mom kept teasing me about watching it thrice in a row, asked if I was gonna have a quiz about it on Monday or something. Just couldn’t get over my glee (despite my being sick) that the darned DVD actually played on our player and that I got to watch this thing I’ve been waiting impatiently for ever since I heard about it being made.

Well, it was totally weird hearing them; them having voices when all these years they’ve been totally silent and I’ve just imagined what they’d sound like had they been able to talk. It was odd hearing Cloud sound for all the world like FY’s Tamahome for one. But it seemed appropriate somehow. I loved Reno’s seiyuu, and how he delivered Reno’s lines, very… Reno. And Rude looked like a more payat version of the Rock heheh ^^0

Yeah, you guessed it right; I finally got to watch Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

I just love love love that scene when the old gang was fighting (was that Bahamut?) that monster Kadaj summoned at the Midgar Shinra memorial.

Cloud rocked, of course. And Sephiroth’s still his demented-but-gods-i-am-too-good-for-this-world-gorgeous self. Kadaj and his gang would have been instant heartthrobs for me too if not for their continuous spouting of “Kaasan! Kaasan wa doko? Give Kaasan back.” Yadda yadda… irritated me to no end that they’re such… immature pricks. Rufus is still a conniving liar. Elena and Tseng had so little airtime that I kinda pity them. Anyways, Vincent was also uber cool; Yuffie and Tifa didn’t change all that much, well… Tifa did get a hair cut and longer and less-revealing more mature-looking clothes. Her garb is a bit reminiscent of Rinoa’s blue ensemble, only in black leather and with a different cut. Cait Sith’s as useless as always, he errr it was sitting astride Red XIII the entire fight scene. At least Cait Sith got more airtime than Reeve who at least got a seiyuu but had no appearance whatsoever. Aerith’s still having trouble admitting she’s very much dead. And unless I was mistaken, there’s a new character, some guy named Mark Sierra who looks and fights a lot like Cid Highwind… or maybe that was Cid and I read the subtitles wrong? Hmmm… did I miss mentioning anyone? Oh, yeah, Barret! That burly gunman’s still as burly and silly and gruff as he was in the game. Anyways, wish that the movie showed a bit more of the old gang battling. Made me wanna play the game again...

And it’s kinda short, I mean, it went by soooo fast! I wanted more and here the credits were already rolling! Gah! I half am ruing that they made it into a movie instead of a game coz I really wanted to get at the console and control those characters I love so darn much. But then it’s also good that it was in movie form since I don’t have the time to play anymore, I barely have enough for sleep as it is.

So why am I up at this hour of the night? Coz I gotta finish up some homework for Monday that I will never get done if I start it only by tomorrow. Got a unit test and 3 quizzes and a paper to get ready for besides this research work that I still have to hand write coz Mam Atienza forbid us to have it computerized. My hand’s hurting already, so far I’ve written six pages worth of info about the nervous system.

So if I don’t post as much in the next couple of weeks, do forgive me in advance. It’s almost finals week and you know how hectic that could be. Wish me luck! Take care y’all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home