Friday, November 11, 2005

Watched Doom and The Legend of Zorro yesterday; gotta say I liked Zorro more, guess I'm not such a big fan of the Rock.

Watching Doom made me realize why I hate playing games like it, Counter Strike, Halo and all the other similar genre... I get a migraine every time the character runs around those god blasted similar-looking corridors and I just absolutely hate seeing nothing but a gun or whatever available weapon on screen blasting away at whatever monster or creature that pops into view. Just isn't my cup of tea. I like seeing people, I like seeing the character I'm playing. I guess the whole you'll have the feeling like you're the one actually in the game is lost to me. I just hate it.

And the plot isn't at all original. Right off the bat it was so obvious that it's gonna be one of those films where they start as a group then one by one they'll get killed till one or two would end up surviving. The only difference this time is that instead of lovers, the two survivors are siblings; but isn't it so cliche that one of them would be the only girl in the group? And the fight between Reaper and the Sarg... that was so obviously coming right from the start.. hay... what is it with plots where best of friends almost always end up being the worst enemies in the climax? Of course the 'good' guy always wins, gah... whatever.

Suffice it to say that I didn't like the film. I enjoyed watching the trailers more than the film itself.

The Legend of Zorro was a bit better. Ana-nechan was right, Dela Vega's kid was cute and kinda cool coz of his moves. I would probably die of a heart attack if I had a kid like that though... he's just too spunky, but he is still one cute runt.

I liked the horse... I know he was used as a comic relief, but still it was kinda nice that they maintained his character of being a rather difficult but smart animal.

Zorro kept on getting unmasked; which I liked coz Banderas just didn't look too good with a cloth hiding his eyes and hair.

Plotwise, it's the usual evil organization led by a charismatic but slightly demented and deadly though socially well-liked man out to destroy the rest of the world for their own personal goals then battered, bruised, misunderstood superhero out to stop them while saving the damsel in distress along the way, nevermind that this time the damsel in distress was his own wife who divorsed him coz she was blackmailed to spy on the villain. Hmmm, was that spoilers enough for you?

Well I did say I liked Zorro better than Doom, but heck it doesn't make it to my favorite movies and gods-you-should-definitely-see-this-one list; nope, definitely not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home