Monday, July 17, 2006

Movie Reruns

I love the cable channel WOWOW (except when they show those really late night rated-X or R movies when I'm forced to look for another channel), mainly because they show fairly decent movies. Just last night they aired Orlando Bloom's Kingdom of Heaven and Jude Law and Natalie Portman's Closer. I won't yap about KoH anymore coz I fairly raved about it before (I still have to buy my own copy... hmmm, so far I've watched every last one of Orlando Bloom's movies... does that make me a fan? Heheh, guess so. I still don't like him that much as Legolas, but he's way cool in KoH as Balian).

Having been able to finally watch the movie “Closer” on cable last night, I couldn’t help but be thankful that I didn’t waste money on 1) movie theater tickets, 2) a DVD or VCD copy of my own. I love love love Jude Law’s roles most of the time and I think he’s a brilliant actor but gawds his character in this movie – Dan is his name – is one pathetic cowardly sod! I wish to heaven that I’d never fall in love if the man I’d fall for was like this. Perhaps the only redeeming quality he has is that he came clean in the end, but of course it came too late. I pitied Alice, Natalie Portman’s character. Hers was the most painful character in the film for she just loved Dan without reservations despite his affair with Anna (Julia Roberts). I mean gawds, I would probably neuter the guy on the spot if he upped and admitted to me that he was having an affair in the almost callous way Dan told Alice! I’d just kill him if he even thought about coming back, especially if he did so after losing his other woman to her husband. Never mind that Alice is a stripper; I think she was the most justified of the four main characters, and that she carried the plot. And I could forgive that she ended up having sex with Anna’s husband, Larry (played by Clive Owen), because the smug SOB’s out for revenge on Dan for sleeping with Anna). Gah! They’re all weird in the head. All four of them. But of all of them I liked Larry the most mainly because he took back what was his and he’s one cool and very direct shmuck. Hmmm… judging from my reaction, maybe I do like the film after all… I still won’t buy a copy of it though. Well, maybe a pirated DVD if the mood hits me.

And no, I ended up not watching Superman. I had a monster of a migraine, because my eyeglasses are at the shop. And to tell the truth my eyes hurt till now and I just know that the longer I stare at the monitor like this the greater the chances of getting another headache later in the day. But anyways, maybe I still would catch Superman later if we don’t have anything to do at school. But I’d watch Pirates2 first! And you don’t need to remind me that Orlando Bloom’s in it too heheheh ^___^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home