Thursday, July 20, 2006

I Don't...

...Understand why he can ask just about anything from me and I could not say no to his face. I don't wish to do what he asked - hell, begged! - me to do but I couldn't say so directly. It feels awkward telling him no after he all but kneeled while asking. If only it involved other people, anybody other than THAT person... I'd gladly help. But as it is, I feel coerced to give my assistance just because he's the one asking me to help them.

...like Lady in the Water as much as I liked M.Night Shyamalan's other films (The Village, Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs), but if I don't compare it to his other films, then yeah I do think it's a nice movie. No, scratch that. It's not nice; more like thought-provoking, confusing, slightly satirical... reminds of what they say about Russian fairy tales: dark, full of symbolisms, and hard to understand if you don't watch it from the start. In fact, the film fails miserably as a 'summer film' coz billed right next to Superman Returns and Pirates of the Caribbean just makes one think it would contain a plot as loud and action-packed as those two, which it does not. There was a LOT of really quiet moments. Disjointed scenes that made me think that this may be how it is inside a five-year-old's mind while his parents read him a bedtime story; you know... that moment just before sleep as he gets tucked in bed and the light finally shuts off...

1 Comments:

At Fri Jul 21, 06:49:00 PM 2006, Blogger ana said...

nah, who's he @__@;;

and incidentally, that is how i currently am, dizzy and i keep wanting to throw up but when i look down, i get dizzy and i have to look up, but when i do look above my line of sight, i get dizzy as well @__@;;

dizzy, dizzy, dizzy while at work

 

Post a Comment

<< Home