Thursday, July 27, 2006

State of Calamity

Sure there are floods which cause the travel time to school to double, and some roads are just unpassable, but here at home we haven't really felt the effects of the typhoon. I didn't even know that they've declared that Pampanga's in a state of calamity until Ana-nechan texted me (of course I couldn't text her back coz I ran out of load). But because of the storm we haven't had classes since Monday, not that we don't go to school or duty only to learn once we get there that classes/duty have been cancelled for the day. Vexing that.

What have I been doing since Monday? Aside from griping about not having internet access coz the phonelines and signal are continually up then down and gone and then there again? I've been trying to finish our thesis. Hazel, Seig and Nhey will be coming later this afternoon to help out so we could pass this tomorrow or Monday if we don't have classes again tomorrow...

We are sooooooo behind the other sections when it comes to our lecture. We meet once a week for our NCM104 lecture and well, the past two Wednesdays haven't been spent on discussion. I heard the other sections are halfway done with the topic (Fluids and Electrolytes) and here we haven't even started! I should freak out but then I'm treating this as a challenge to myself... I'm trying to self-study the darn topic. So far I understand the process of how F&E get distributed inside the human body as well as comprehend what happens when there's an imbalance of anything (be it Na, K, Ca, Ph, Mg, pH, fluid...), it's just the memorization of all those blasted normal values that have my mind going haywire. I'll get over it eventually.

Mom had a slight fever going early this week but she's ok now. She still didn't go get herself checked by our doctor like I asked her to. She can be stubborn about her health at times and it could get irritating coz what's the point of me studying nursing when my own mother won't even listen to me when I know for a fact that what I'm suggesting for her to do makes sense?

The issue about Kuya Tan is yet to be resolved. I really agree with Fr. Larry and Fr. Jerry's suggestion of Tito Susing cutting him off from their financial aid. Come on, he's what, 34? And he's still living at his parents' house (granted they're not in the country and have no plans of coming back as far as I know), he has two children from two different women, he doesn't have a job, he's separated with Ate Rhea (his wife) but still has sex with her whenever they both feel like it, he has (from the last count) two mistresses (one of whom has a child and husband of her own!), he's trying to form a (rock?) band with his barkada, feeds and financially supports said band, and spends 50,000+php in less than two weeks. How he does that I don't wanna know about. It just ticks me off that because of his behavior mom gets stressed out and well, disturbed at work. Imagine-nin nyo naman, naghahanap/nangungutang/naghihingi mga katulong ni Kuya habang nagtuturo mom ko! Talk about istorbo! Sino ba naman di mapupuno at mapipikon na sa ganong behavior?! And Tita Betty just makes things worse. Gah!!! Mga fuck-shit sila! I hate that they make Ma so pissed off at times coz they drag her into the mess all the fricking time.

Enough about them.

Oh, the prelims are over. The RLE exam was fricking DIFFICULT!!! I hope to high heaven that I passes that considering I eni-mini-mayni-mo-ed at least a dozen questions... *sigh* That's why I'm stressing about the midterm topics (F&E). I think I'll need to boost my grades up because of that blasted prelim test.

Seika: When, you ask? Hmmm... dunno really. Our scheds all don't match up. Haaay...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home